Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a K4 600 <-------as you can see. I'm 6' tall, so I'm a little bunched up on it. Question: What exactly do ADJUSTABLE rearsets accomplish?? I know they can give you more ground clearance, I'm lookin for more leg room. Can you adjust them to move your feet back or down to give you more leg room (or rather more elbow room, my elbows are currently restin on the side of my calves)
Any recommendations on which sets to get?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's just hard to crouch down on the bike at high speeds and during acceleration. Looking for an option to get better control of the bike. Other than spending 11 grand and getting 1000.

·
Registered
164 Posts
i'm 6'2" and 180 lbs, have absolutely no probs fitting on my bike. the 1000's are not much bigger so i doubt getting one would help at all.

when in your tuck, get the balls of your feet on the pegs (rather then the arch or heel) and slide your butt back in the seat all the way to the rear seat cowl... you shouldnt have clearance problems then.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Yes rearsets will help.... you can find fully adjustable ones that move back, up, or up and back... either way, they will help...

most reasons for buying them is, to give a rider a more aggressive race stance on the bike, while providing a stronger more stable base on the bike and race the ground clearance at full lean angle....

next, look into some aftermarket race-style clipons, like woodcraft,
there are different brands out there, but the woodcraft ones extend out a little further
therefore your not so bunched up...

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
They also shift 10,000% smoother!

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
6'1 195 - i want HIGHER resets

·
Registered
528 Posts
Just speculation but maybe you're sitting too close to the tank when you're tucking in. Try moving all the back on the seat, may not be the problem just a thought.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
1000 won't do anything for u.

your just not used to riding at all. And if u came from a dirt bike, it'll take some adjustment.

There are a lot of us even bigger than yourself and don't have a problem with it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
may be right, gimpsta, it has been a minute since my last gixxer (97), and ridin a Harley all day at work everyday prally doesn't help too much, eh?
But thanks for the help guys. Still think I'll give the rears a try.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts