Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if u buy a pc do u have to get it specially tuned by someone, or do they come with a few set maps that u can just pop on ur computer, upload onto the pc and into the bike...the reason i asked is cause my boy has an 05 r6 and got a pc for his, but he said it made no dif...he said the guy that tuned it tuned it for an r6 with a full exhaust and intake...but i didnt think it would make that big of a dif. cause he has a slip on and intake..figured he would feel something...so whats the tuning protocol for these things...

·
Ditchard the High Maintenance Squirrel
60,366 Posts
There is no such thing as a dumb power commander....only dumb people who use power commanders.

(sorry, i just couldn't resist).

Yeah, do what mike said.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
eviltwin-05 said:
The PCIII uses a MAP file that alters the fuel. Each MAP is different and every bike has completely differnet MAP charactaristics. The MAP file can be found on the PC web site and uploaded via usb cable.
word...i guess i'll do a lil searchin then..thanks..

·
Registered
244 Posts
Do you guys still think it should get tuned on a dyno even if you have the specific map from Fuelmoto?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.