Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, I wanted to know if anyone ever seen or heard of anyone selling this kit in picture below. I searched for hours and didn't find anything.:scratch The bike is a 2002 GSXR 1000. I just love this setup... so unique. :cheers

PS. Pic is from sportbikez.net

·
Not the powers that be, not even close.
23,130 Posts
never seen it before. they did have ebay upper fairings you could buy to change to a 03/04 1000 front....

i kinda like that look

·
Registered
66 Posts
wow! that is very nice, but ive never seen it befor eaither??? +1 on the ebay conversion kit to the 03/04 upper's tho. But i will keep an eye out if i come accross thise headlight kit.

·
Funkyzeit mit Gavveth! Needs a stiff Ass Blasting.
12,432 Posts
I like it :thumbup

sort of weird that is has a projector on one side and a halogen on the other :scratch

I wish someone would just do the projector retrofit and give it to me :biggrin

·
12,432 Posts
i did find this. from http://www.xdcycle.com HID projector's 2001-2002 1k, not sure if they also have them for 600's or not
thats a lot of money and then you run the risk of messing up your headlight.

I think most people grabbed the FX35 HIDs and made them work. Again, its a sweet upgrade all said and done, but I havent had a problem with the HID's in the halogen sockets :dunno

·
The Mistrustful Old Nick
1,812 Posts
Love that look, but why does one light has a projector and the other doesn't? Looks a bit lop-sided.

My HIDs in halogen setup sucked major ass, my current OSRAM RALLY 65W (my setup is dual H7) are much better. If it tells anyone anything I had the HIDs by a brand called "Boycharm". Never heard of it before, perhaps that's the reason they sucked. As it is now, I'm too wary of throwing away money again to try different ones, from like DDM.

Also, can anyone point me in the direction of a thread here that talks about relays that prevent the lights from turning on until the engine is running (I don't have a switch, my lights come on automatically when I give contact).

·
Registered
66 Posts
thats a lot of money and then you run the risk of messing up your headlight.

I think most people grabbed the FX35 HIDs and made them work. Again, its a sweet upgrade all said and done, but I havent had a problem with the HID's in the halogen sockets :dunno

yea it is alot of cash, but from what i can see sofar it wouldnt be alot of modification but yet, on the otherhand it does look like it woild be a PITA to install. it say's all you have to do it put the headlight in the oven to melt the glue and remove the len's, :lmao and then bolt everything up and glue back together. but atleast you will have both lights as low beams and again both lights as high beam's. but +1 on running the risk of screwing up the headlight and being out of $$$

·
The Mistrustful Old Nick
1,812 Posts
Hey all, I wanted to know if anyone ever seen or heard of anyone selling this kit in picture below. I searched for hours and didn't find anything.:scratch The bike is a 2002 GSXR 1000. I just love this setup... so unique. :cheers

PS. Got the pic from sportbikez.net
If you find out where to get it, please PM me!

·
Registered
66 Posts
if everyone gets it, it wont be cool anymore
ive been searching for the last hour 1/2. :lmao and i cant find it ANYWHERE, i can even locate the guy on ebay who had the conversion for the 03/04 upper swap anymore. but they almost look like headlights from another style bike I.E.- R1 headlights moded to fit and the line that is going down the middle of the headlight isnt OEM so IMO it looks custom. but i could be wrong. we all might just be SOL :dunno :cheers

·
The Mistrustful Old Nick
1,812 Posts
ive been searching for the last hour 1/2. :lmao and i cant find it ANYWHERE, i can even locate the guy on ebay who had the conversion for the 03/04 upper swap anymore. but they almost look like headlights from another style bike I.E.- R1 headlights moded to fit and the line that is going down the middle of the headlight isnt OEM so IMO it looks custom. but i could be wrong. we all might just be SOL :dunno :cheers
Once saw that K1-K4 conversion on ebay, but now for the life of me can't find not even one such fairing anywhere and I've searched for hours on end. :crying

·
The Mistrustful Old Nick
1,812 Posts
Yeah, it does suck, cause a K4 headlight on a K1 body would be majorly sick.

·
12,432 Posts
yea it is alot of cash, but from what i can see sofar it wouldnt be alot of modification but yet, on the otherhand it does look like it woild be a PITA to install. it say's all you have to do it put the headlight in the oven to melt the glue and remove the len's, :lmao and then bolt everything up and glue back together. but atleast you will have both lights as low beams and again both lights as high beam's. but +1 on running the risk of screwing up the headlight and being out of $$$
I actually bought a spare headlight on CL for $20 and was going to do it, but at the end of the day there are lot of performance mods that are way more appealing :biggrin

if everyone gets it, it wont be cool anymore
+1

Once saw that K1-K4 conversion on ebay, but now for the life of me can't find not even one such fairing anywhere and I've searched for hours on end. :crying
I looked for that a few weeks ago and dont see it, it was pretty cool. Although it replaced the entire fairing, so you would need to repaint and buy the 04/05 headlight, and doing that right is going to cost ya $$$

·
Registered
66 Posts
I actually bought a spare headlight on CL for $20 and was going to do it, but at the end of the day there are lot of performance mods that are way more appealing :biggrin

+1

I looked for that a few weeks ago and dont see it, it was pretty cool. Although it replaced the entire fairing, so you would need to repaint and buy the 04/05 headlight, and doing that right is going to cost ya $$$

:cheers to that. But I do think that it would be a nice upgrade at some point in time and +1 for sure there are alot more appealing upgrades out there. after I do some winter upgrades i.e chain/sprocket,rotor's and brakes pad's are overdue,general maint, and upgrade to some better tires etc etc.... i will look into the projector's. But funkyspunk if you change you're mind and go ahead with the projector project lmk :biggrin

·
Registered
324 Posts

I did the conversion in mine. Got the kit from retro-solutions. I love the look, but its alot of extra weight inside the headlight and 4 ballasts you need to tuck away somewhere.

·
Registered
66 Posts

I did the conversion in mine. Got the kit from retro-solutions. I love the look, but its alot of extra weight inside the headlight and 4 ballasts you need to tuck away somewhere.
four ballast?!? the kit from xdcycles kit only comes with 2 ballast and 2 projectors. but how is the visiblity( light beam ) at night? but i really do like the look of youre lights man it looks clean, did you paint the housing also?:cheers

1 - 20 of 34 Posts