Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 92 1100. I would like to keep the exhaust stock looking but not stock sounding. Any brand suggesting. And when I change my exhaust(full) do I have to have the carbs rejetted?

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Yes you will have to re-jet the carbs, and as far as stock looking there are no dual exit after market systems available,but you could have one made but that can be pricey. and options are limited, I highly recomend Hindle D&D still makes systems, Yosh is out they stopped producing for pre 96 gixxers. As far as the sound a full race system will be the loudest. 'Is your bike comepletly stock, what are your modification goals, power, sound, looks, etc...
hope this helps
-Karl

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I haven't looked underneath, and it's raining (duh, seattle in the winter)... but can't ya do a slip-on where the OEM header goes 4-2-1 before it splits back for the two cannisters again? If nobody makes one off-the-shelf wouldn't it be cheaper to use a grinder to cut (if all one piece like early gixxer exhaust) and then get a custom mid-pipe with a(your favorite brand here) cannister?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Dump the old system and get a fuck off loud 4-1. I've just put a full Micron system on mine (not in the pic) and had the mid baffles removed and new header connector brackets made with a race can. It's very light, gives me more power and sounds fantastic get one !

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
No, slip-ons are not an option on the 92 1100 the exhaust header and pipe are all one piece 4-2-1-2
and heavy as hell, go for a full system, I recomend Hindle
-Karl

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The bike is bone stock with 9000 miles. So as far as any real power mods, I dont really want to tire the motor. I love this specific year and will never buy other. There no style to the new bikes. I never liked getting my bikes rejetted, they always ran to racy popping or a bit of hesitation. Iam going to bring the bike in for service any recommendation on what to be check on with 9000 mile http://
[url="http://www.members.aol.com/dontilgon/bike"]www.members.aol.com/dontilgon/bike[/IMG][/url]

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: Dontilgon ]</p>

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Cam timing, valve clearance, chain & sproket wear, transmition, also depends on what kind of riding you do...
-Karl

·
Registered
243 Posts
Guys,

The 92' (should be the M model) has a 4 into 2 down pipe and collector box, the same as the 89 K model, 90-91 L model and all the models to the water cooled bikes (As far as I'm aware the water cooled bikes had the same system too)! Suzuki never made a complete front to back system.

I have ART cans and intermediate pipes on my bike. Very easy to fit and sound the dogs dangly bits! There are loads of exhaust producers that have slip on cans for the 1100. Just not the front pipes, but they flow pretty well anyway!

The conversion should be accompanied by a carb rejet and filter conversion for best results.

·
Registered
518 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dontilgon:
The bike is bone stock with 9000 miles. So as far as any real power mods, I dont really want to tire the motor. I love this specific year and will never buy other. There no style to the new bikes. I never liked getting my bikes rejetted, they always ran to racy popping or a bit of hesitation. Iam going to bring the bike in for service any recommendation on what to be check on with 9000 mile http://
[url="http://www.members.aol.com/dontilgon/bike[/IMG"]]www.members.aol.com/dontilgon/bike[/url]

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: Dontilgon ]
<hr></blockquote>

a bit off subject, but if your bike pops and has a bit of resitation after it's been rejetted, then it wasn't done right. chances are your bike is running a bit rich.

-phreak

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
I also like the look of the Duals. I know that they did not perform as well. If you are interested I have a 91 1100 exaust that had custom 3 bolt plates welded to take the 93-97 1100 or Busa Mufflers. I also have some Two Bros Oval alum mufflers that fit on them. Yosh even made some 3.5 in dual slip-ons for the 89-90 1100's (I have on set of each type) that have a flush end cap and one tyle that had the tips like the current style. I am working on a custom under-tail set-up that will use these.
Doug

1 - 10 of 10 Posts