Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading some technical sites yesterday regarding Dry sumps and mention was made of how power is increased with dry sump motors. Only disadvantages of dry sumps are that u need another oil tank(sump) elsewhere on the vehicle.
This got me thinking an
popped into my head ,why not convert my gixxer to a dry sump but without the disadvantages of another oil tank....one thing led to another ,i let all the oil out an now my gixxer has a dry sump. Also i have saved the weight of the oil. Took it for a ride ,man power is up +- 15 % and this bike rocks.
... no more expensive oil for my bike , no more oil filter changes and no more checking oil levels ,why dont suzuki just build em like this ?

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
Yeah!!! One more advantage of dry sumps is that you can cross drill them without having to refill oil all the time. Great mod!

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Can I do this with the Dry Rad mod ?

I already cross drilled my radiator to improve airflow.....

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I just cross drilled and c-notched my oil and it seems to work pretty good

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
As long as you coat all the bike components with antisieze I am sure this will work fine. I would try using helium in the sum tho, not just oxygen, or if you pipe it up right you could use it as a larger combustion chamber for the engine, for space to inject fuel and air, bigger spark, bigger bang more speed. This mod has many uses, great tip

·
Registered
29 Posts
It all makes sense now. The oil thing is a scam that oil company's run to get your hard earned cash..Well theres no oil in my sump any more!!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I get the feeling we gotta take this forum offline cause suzuki must be onto us an our great mods listed on this forum. They getting our ideas for free.We should be charging them for these ingenous ways of increasing performance an decreasing weight..

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
Originally posted by Gruebane:
I get the feeling we gotta take this forum offline cause suzuki must be onto us an our great mods listed on this forum. They getting our ideas for free.We should be charging them for these ingenous ways of increasing performance an decreasing weight..
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You could be right, although information is power and power to the people. The more the general people know the less the companies can hide and get away with. It is a conundrum to what we do, do we put the server on a island and tow the island out of the 5/12 mile water radius of the country like the goodies did with the pirate radio station? Heres another walk in the black forrest.

·
Registered
406 Posts
i just drained all the oil out and run it with no oil lighter and cheaper no more oil changes. and more HP
because theres no oil sloshing against the connecting rods. but to keepp the engine well lubed i stopped using gasoloine and started using the fuel i put in my r/c car(forgot what its called) but its some form of racing fuel (more hp
) and has some sort of oil already in it (i believe its castor oil)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts