Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All you guys thinking these RG Ltd's are sooooo cool...well, they are.... but they are costly.

I bought a new Magnesium cover two years ago for the clutch...$480

I checked into OEM Driven Plates for the old rattler...if I get them, there needs to be 7 of them...at a $134.75 EACH
That's a total of $995.13 including tax.

I'm glad I don't need them....yet

·
Registered
77 Posts
Originally posted by Simon Orttan:
All you guys thinking these RG Ltd's are sooooo cool...well, they are.... but they are costly.

I bought a new Magnesium cover two years ago for the clutch...$480

I checked into OEM Driven Plates for the old rattler...if I get them, there needs to be 7 of them...at a $134.75 EACH
That's a total of $995.13 including tax.

I'm glad I don't need them....yet
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">There's a machine shop that's pretty close to me that specializes in Ducati parts.

http://www.nicholsmfg.com/

I was thinking of taking my LE to them one of these days and see if they can modify/make a clutch basket and pressure plate that will allow me to use Ducati plates, which seem to be a dime a dozen. Who knows, maybe they can machine a slipper clutch for a couple of grand? That's be the ultimate...

The Suzuki prices are pretty ridiculous, considering that in Japan you can get a complete dry clutch assembly for ~$2500.

Yancy

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I need to have the cover on my bike fixed. One of the bolt holes has broken off. I hope I can get it fixed and not spend $500 on a new one

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
At that price you had better hope some joker doesn't hose 'em down with WD40!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
too bad i just threw out a complete dry clutch setup .i tossed everything except the transmission....i couldent seem to give it away......guess it was worth something

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
too bad i just threw out a complete dry clutch setup .i tossed everything except the transmission....i couldent seem to give it away......guess it was worth something
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
Your killing me here. Simon and I could have used those parts.

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by suzukiltd:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">too bad i just threw out a complete dry clutch setup .i tossed everything except the transmission....i couldent seem to give it away......guess it was worth something
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
Your killing me here. Simon and I could have used those parts.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Really...what, you never heard of EBAY? NEVER throw anything away... EVER!!! it's a white trash rule I have

·
Registered
145 Posts
yeah i heard of ebay just never thought there was a market..i converted my bike back to wet clutch status cause i started racing my bike on the track its a 200rwhp turbocharged limited or whats left i broke the frame in 7 spots dcided to upgrade the chassis to 1100 standards i still have the limited shock,transmission and some doo dads if anyone is interested

1 - 9 of 9 Posts