Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah yeah, i'm a squid!
I have a gravel driveway and was washing the bike on a paddock stand, when I dropped it back onto the side stand it went down! I caught it pretty much and lowered to the ground, so no damage to paint\levers etc...... BUT - It's now running really rough , as though the fuelling is buggered, WOT is fine, but trying to accelerate gently it seems to just want to not go..

Any ideas?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Probably a fouled out plug from gas that got dumped into the cylinder when it was on its side. Otherwise there are small parts in the carbs that could have broken when you dropped it. (kind of unlikely but I've seen it.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hahaha! I have 98' 600 racebike.. this happens everytime I drop it off the stand too!

Just fire it up and let it idle for about 3 minutes.. let the bowls all equalize.. then just keep driving it until it cleans out.. it takes me like 2-3 laps before it runs right.. go figure.. probably a plug that gets fouled.. Too funny to hear this.

P.S. wear your frickin helmet squid boy!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
yae, I always wear my helmet when taking the bike off the rear stand...

I do agree that you just need to run it to clean everything out. I've tipped mine over in similar circumstances and it just takes some running to clear out the bugs.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
P.S. wear your frickin helmet squid boy!
WTF ?

Cheers for the replies though - have done about 60 miles now (three trips to and from work) the one this morning I thrashed the poor bike - seems to be running fine now.

Cheers again

·
Registered
2 Posts
Umm.... was not refering to wearing the helmet while taking the bike off the stand... duh. And it was tongue in cheek.. chill out guys huh? AND wear your helmet.. you squids are killing me on insurance rates... thats why I only race now! I'm paying for you to lay in the hospital with drool coming out of your mouth cuz you didn't have enough brains to put on a bucket! C'mon! If you're one of the squids who wears a helmet (can't be a squid if you do though) I apologize..

good luck with the bike!

·
Registered
47 Posts
A helmet.....More like a brain bucket. At 120mph how much does the skid lid help....nada... I still where mine but I think its personnal choice. Tired of riders telling other riders what to do. Oh insurance rates: These go up because dumb a$$ non-riding hardley i mean harley riders buy bikes and don't know how to ride and total a 15,000$ bike the first day. I think this increases rates alot more than some squid not wearuing a helmet!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
try draining out the bowls also , using the 4 drain screws at back of carbs , might help if there is some shit in there

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
check your airbox for any oil. there is a drain plug on one corner of it, the oil getting sucked into the cylinders with what makes it run like a pig. odds are you burned it off already and problem is solved

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.