Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I dropped my bike the other day trying to drift and it landed on the left side and my stator cover shattered and a nice amount of oil leaked out, now the bike wont start. all of the electrical components works as far as head light and tail lights and when I flip the red cut off switch it makes that usual sound but when I pull clutch and pres start button the bike doesn't start or even try to start and the head light just shuts off as long as I press the start button, can this just be as simple as replacing the stator and tip over sensor.

·
16,989 Posts
SO I dropped my bike the other day trying to drift and it landed on the left side and my stator cover shattered and a nice amount of oil leaked out, now the bike wont start. all of the electrical components works as far as head light and tail lights and when I flip the red cut off switch it makes that usual sound but when I pull clutch and pres start button the bike doesn't start or even try to start and the head light just shuts off as long as I press the start button, can this just be as simple as replacing the stator and tip over sensor.

Does the fuel pump prime?
Have you checked the clutch?
Have you checked the tip-over switch?

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,509 Posts
Stator has NOTHING to do with starting.

Why throw parts at it? Have you tested the parts?

Has the ball bearing in the TO sensor returned to the neutral position, or has it gotten stuck?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The to switch doesn’t have a ball in it it just looks like a cubes fuse with wires and I thought the stator send electric to the engin

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven’t checked the clutch I will get a test light and try it and when you say does the fuel pump prim is that the sound you hear when you flip the red switch by the front brake

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,556 Posts
The noise could be several things but the loudest is the fuel pump priming for a couple seconds. It's associated with the ECM getting power, which is a good thing. You haven't mentioned the year. Get a service manual. There should be a drawing titled "Starting System Diagram" or "STARTER SYSTEM AND SIDE-STAND/IGNITION INTERLOCK SYSTEM", which is fairly easy to follow. Note that the ECM isn't involved with cranking. It's just switches, fuses, the interlock relay, and the starter solenoid. Power to the ECM means that things are OK through the kill switch. The most likely culprit is the clutch switch, particularly since you went down on the left side.

Note that I'm assuming that your battery is OK and your wiring wasn't damaged.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,556 Posts
"these bikes have to have the clutch engaged to start it"

disengaged

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
8 Participants
john kinzell
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing