Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello GDC. This is my review of the Driven 520 chain/sprocket kit. First, let me thank Motomummy.com for the excellent prices and service. Second, I would like to thank Brian Van of Sportbiketrackgear.com for posting the how to video on the tube.
Well, the install took about 2hrs as this was my first time doing this. Also, with no help except for Brian's video. The kit was well packaged and the chain came covered in chain wax. Overall with the help of the video, the job was fairly straightforward and a little messy but, the end result was worth it. The bike (k5 600) now has some more mid range which is what i wanted being this is more for commute in the city. Mileage has suffered some from riding higher up in the revs. I would definitely recommend this kit for anyone who rides a 600.

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
Looks good! This is the one I am getting. I saw a video by Dave Moss, where he installed it on a GSXR600 k7 like mine. It seems like the motion pro chain tool is a must though. Did you have one?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, sorry i forgot to mention i did purchase the tool from motomummy. I heard horror stories about chain breaking and riveting but i had no problems at all. The tool is expensive but worth every penny.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Great, thanks! I am excited to do this to my bike, when I get the skrill of course. I love my bike and want to do more mods. Motomummy seems like they have better prices than most places too.

·
Douchebag with false sense of racial superiority
2,124 Posts
how much mileage are you getting now?

·
Premium Member
18,689 Posts
I would recommend the RK chain breaker instead as it's much much more sturdy. We discontinued the motion pro kit as soo many people broke the pins. I swear they are made out of butter. Go with the RK kit if you haven't bought one yet.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its hard to say. I installed a PCV at the same time. I'll get an accurate count and report back.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how much mileage are you getting now?
I'm getting about 90 miles from indicator light til the next time the light comes back on. Thats also not riding to conserve fuel so, its a mixture of commute and some "spirited riding".

·
Mr Creepy McCreep
2,440 Posts
thats horrible mileage i'm gettin easily 150-160 and thats with spirited riding, your post is kinda making me second guess the gearing change

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know. I still have to get the bike in the dyno after the pcv install. Hopefully it will get better.

·
I Heart Man Sauce
6,488 Posts
I'm getting about 90 miles from indicator light til the next time the light comes back on. Thats also not riding to conserve fuel so, its a mixture of commute and some "spirited riding".
That fuel economy is flat out awful and definitely not typical from just a gearing change.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah my math was a little off or something? Last time out i was getting more like 115 from light to light which still isn't good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts