Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Noticed another peculiarity with the K9 today. There seems to be, what I can only describe as "play", somewhere in the drive-train. Rolling off the throttle (low RPM) it sometimes feels like there is a brief pause before the back wheel is reconnected with the engine/transmission.

It's been a while since I had a motorcycle with a chain so not entirely sure what to check first and how.

Any ideas/clues/suggestions?

Thanks,
R

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Check the condition of your chain and sprockets first. If they are good, check the chain slack. You want anywhere from 1.25"-1.5" of chain slack.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,716 Posts
Make sure that your left side chain adjuster block is OK. There was a recall that is discussed here. There also are threads here about it. I've been suspicious that more is going on than bad adjuster blocks and, assuming that your chain is properly adjusted, wonder if what you're experiencing is related to it.

·
Premium Member
1,993 Posts
Yes, what Anthony D and BillV said.

If you still have the stock sprockets and chain, I would suggest you change them. Go with a 520 kit and sprockets.

They are plenty strong. The light weight steel rear sprockets will last forever. The hardened aluminum rear sprockets are strong too but much lighter.

Can't go wrong with either option.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts