Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to drill through your baffels in a stock exhaust. I have a 93 GSX-R600w If it is, does it help?? Make it sound better or worse?

------------------

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
it can be done,but why? sound will get louder,but no REAL gains will come of it....

------------------
"E-mail program errors? Gee....Im afraid your gonna have to format your hard drive..."

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
If you want to just improve your sound save a couple hundred buckies and get yourself a slip on can.
If you want sound and preformance gain save around 800-1000 buckies for a full system and a a jet kit

jontflesh

------------------
http://jontflesh.gixxer.com

·
I <3 Item 9
13,426 Posts
I did it because I'm getting a Hindle Full System soon so I wanted to have some fun with the stock can. I put one hole in between each bolt on the end of the can surrounding the exhaust tip (just under 1/2 inch diamiter) which makes three holes... through the cover too. You might have to adjust your idle mixture if you go too big. It's kind of neat. This will make it sound cooler than stock, but still lacking.
It's funny because people that don't know shit about bikes ask me what kind of exhaust I have, bahahahahaha....

I can't wait to get my Hindle... soon baby... sooon. I can just taste the Stainless Himount Ti can right now.... Ohhhh baby. I can't wait...

------------------
mark t's Gixxer Page

[This message has been edited by mark t (edited 04-25-2001).]

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Be careful Mark, exposing Ti to human saliva can decrease it's life expectancy to less than 45,000 years, don't take the risk

------------------

2000 Lexus IS200 SE
1997 GSX-R600V
2000 Renault Clio 1.6 Si

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The real reason I was wondering was for the sound... I have the money to by a slip-on or even a full exhaust, and jet kit. But I only need like $3,000 to buy a new 750. The old 600 sucks. I rode my brothers new 929rr for a week, and I can't even stand to get on my 600... No where near enough power. Plus I could do wheelies with out even trying. So I figured if I could find a way to make it sound better I'd try it. Thanks a lot for your help.

------------------

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by liquid:
The old 600 sucks. I rode my brothers new 929rr for a week, and I can't even stand to get on my 600... No where near enough power. Plus I could do wheelies with out even trying. So I figured if I could find a way to make it sound better I'd try it. Thanks a lot for your help.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL wow that is some funny shit man. I guess OH is not known for it's twisties. Get a Turbo Busa and you will never get sick of it's power

No flame each to their own man. I am pretty sure I won't go bigger than a 600 they are the perfect size IMHO expecially since my ass is only 140 lbs

There are a few things you can do to that bike to make it a wheelie monster. Sprockets, Exhaust, Jet Kit, K&N ect. But anyway you should be happy with your bike for sure

Ride safe.

jontflesh

------------------
http://jontflesh.gixxer.com

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
where I live isn't known for it's twisties, but I'd like to find a good spot to ride where it is. Everyone around here is impressed with wheelies (Star-Boys are located about 40 miles away, and are always at one of our local dealers) The wheelie thing just don't do it for me that much...Granted it is sweet to hit the old ballance point and pass a few cars on the highway, but I like more skilled riding. I believe that anyone can ride a monstter wheelie, but not too many people can drag their knee around here (Myself included- But getting closer) I have changed the sprockets going to 13/47 from the 14/44 stock. I've also thought of getting a FACTORY jet kit and maybe a slip-on. But then why, I am so close to a 750 I can almost smell the exhaust.

------------------

·
I <3 Item 9
13,426 Posts
OK... I got sick of the noise so I patched up my drilled holes.
Now I'm back to stock and it sounds better.
I'm not a fan of loud, droning exhausts anyways. I like em nice and stealthy.
What's the quietest full system I could get out of curiosity?

------------------
mark t's Gixxer Page

·
Banned
25 Posts
Be careful Mark, exposing Ti to human saliva can decrease it's life expectancy to less than 45,000 years, don't take the risk
------------------
i agree

·
Registered
263 Posts
I would recommend you drill some holes with a hole saw right near the head, one in each pipe ought to do it. You'll be amazed at the sound at the $'s you'll save. You won't want a new 750 after that I can promise you.

John

·
Registered
440 Posts
No, No, No, thats all wrong. Just use the same hole saw and drill right into the cylinder head itself, making more exhaust ports. Kind of drill the hole between the cylinder head and block, making sure that you hit the head gasket. This will allow your coolant and oil to mix. This will make your oil cooler and your bike faster as a result. Just make sure to use at least a 1" diameter hole saw. If you get any excess oil/coolant coming out of the holes, make sure to wrap your back tire in paper towels and duct tape them on there really good. This will keep the oil mixture from ever hitting your tire. Good luck, let me know how it turns out....J/K

1 - 12 of 12 Posts