1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Whoa. Daddy likes

·
Registered
204 Posts
turbos are no joke, but superchargers are superior, given extenuating circumstances.. so exctenuating(sp) i cant think of any. As he said there are benefits as to not only what you can do w/ a supercharger vs a turbo, but turbo lag is non existant.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
turbos are no joke, but superchargers are superior , given extenuating circumstances.. so exctenuating(sp) i cant think of any. As he said there are benefits as to not only what you can do w/ a supercharger vs a turbo, but turbo lag is non existant.
.Depends on your definition of Superior. True that a supercharger has no lag which is a big advantage , but it also takes a lot more power away from the engine to run it. Lets say if you add 10 psi of boost to an engine you get an extra 100 HP (numbers used just for ease of calculation) . The supercharger takes 20 HP to make that 10psi of boost so your really only gaining 80 HP out of the deal . Now throw in a turbo which only uses 5 HP to make that same 10psi of boost so now your gaining 95HP . So it goes back to what your definition of superior is. I would never run a turbo bike on a road course due to the lag issue and non-linear power delivery it causes, but in a drag bike , turbo all the way. "Superior" would greatly depend on the application.

·
Registered
6,084 Posts
JESUS. Sign me up.

And then find me as a greasy smear on the road.

Over a 2 mile streach.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts