Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I managed a 7.087 @ 106.13 in the 8th........my 60 foot times were crap 1.9/1.8 all day long. The only mods done to my bike are a stage 3 jet kit and a vance&hines sidewinder.......and I tied the front end down. Could I run in the 6's with this bike the way it is now??? Need some opinions thanks.

I was pretty happy with my mph!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Work on that sixty foot and your 1-2 shift (330').

If you are going to be drag racing often you might want to add an airshifter. That will help with your 1-2 shift.

How did you do in the 1/4 or do you just run 1/8 there?

-Dave

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They just run 1/8th at that track......I'll be running the 1/4 at New England In a few weeks. They have a really cool "Streetfighter" class at New England Dragway. No rev limiters or wheelie bars allowed. Makes it kinda fun that way. I've done the wheelie bar thing before and i didn't care for it......I would like to extend my swingarm......but I'm out of racing funds for this year!

·
Registered
178 Posts
oldskoolgix, i raced this weekend and my 60 ft. times are high 1.6's. the 60 ft. times are where its at- once you get your launches down, you will be seeing a lot better times. my bike is basicly stock, stage 3 kit, +5 advancer, one tooth lower front sprocket. i run 10.50's in the 1/4 all day long!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its all about mastering keeping the front end down out of the box while trying to pin the throttle as quickly as possible. 4 years ago, when I first discovered this great sport, I brought a 87 750 right up to the balance point right out of the hole!!! To this day I don't know how i didn't go over

1 - 6 of 6 Posts