Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 01 Busa that I am setting up for racing only. I installed a trac arm last night. ( 4 over w/ 6 in. adj.) I set it at around 8 over and it is hitting the stock fender. Tried to trim but it is too much. Will a tiger racing alum. undertail eliminate this and still allow me to use the 3rd position on the lowering links or will I have to raise it up???
I also softened up the rear shock. I set the preload to 189mm from 183. Softened the comp. ans rebound damping and now it feels like a marshmallow. What are the settings you guys use??? How does the lengthened arm affect the suspension?
Here is a quick list of what is done/to do- Full HMF system, TRE, air box mod, PC3 usb, NLR 2 step, air shifter, MPS auto shift, 1 piece clutch mod w/ stiffer springs, new clutch, +5 rear sprocket, mickey tire, lowered. Help.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey Dude: If you have the wheel moved back 8 inches you're gonna need alot more motor and tire to take advantage of all that wheelbase. 4 - 6 inches should be plenty. That's also why your tire is hitting the fender/undertail. You will probably need and extended tail section if you want to keep it that long. You need to stiffen up the shock now. You already have an extra 8 inches of leverage working against it. Increase the spring preload and compression damping if you're gonna keep the stock shock . then check your clearance by bouncing down on the seat as hard as you can while someone checks it for you. Be careful and good luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know I may be going too far out but I can always shorten the chain. I realize now I went backwards with the shock after doing some qick research. I will be stiffening it and turning up the comp. I ran the bike bone stock last year with a best of 9.92. ( the HMF system and tre were on) So I am a little green on the setup. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts