Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drag racing rules Harleys vs. \"jap bikes\"

Can someone PLEASE... send me in a direction as to the different regulations the "jap" bikes have to abide by vs Harleys. I heard Harleys are allowd more displacement, less weight restriction, Injection vs carbs etc.... Just had my 02 1000 dynoed and custom mapped. 4th gear pull ~ 146 rwhp with 73.5 ft/lbs torque. All gear run ~152 77.75 ft/lbs torque. My father the "proud" Harley owner(hes got 2 of those POS'S)proceeds to say that those numbers aren't "real". Now he's "threatening" me with some "supercharger" that cost around 3-4 grand...And wait till my 1000 pound Harley blows by you... I would love to take him to the track and SPANK HIS ASS FOR HIM...but my mom probably woud not approve. Thinking of the dyno-drag thing. Anyway thank for letting me vent
And if anyone could point my in the direction of those rules, I would greatly appreciate "CHOCKING" him with that info!

· Registered
452 Posts
Re: Drag racing rules Harleys vs. \"jap bikes\"

In most cases, drag racing is bracket racing and displacement, weight restriction, etc. do not apply. From the sound of it, you are wanting the spec information to NHRA pro stock bike. Try checking www.nhra.com More than likely the only way to find out is get a rule book that identifies these regulations.

· Registered
94 Posts
Re: Drag racing rules Harleys vs. \"jap bikes\"

well unless your dad really needs proof....
you have already hit the big ones...
harleys get to be lighter, bigger CC's, injection vs not, and basically the motors have nothing to do with a harley motor, they are custom built twins for drag racing......
though pretty much can be said for the suzuki motors, just not so completely.
So yes, basically they had to give the harleys a LOT of advantages to make them competetive.
Having said that, and I don't know your dad or you or what the deal is.......
but harleys DO have shitloads of torque.....which comes in handy for accelerating.....
I have seen some fast ass harleys out there........I also don't know my harley hopups
from shit, but if they DO have a supercharger...and the motor is built to not blow up......
coould be pretty quick????

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.