Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my dual turbo BUSA (you know the one with the two 15 gallon NOS bottles) to the strip Wed. night. The track guy told me I had to have a parachute to run. I found a parachute for $750.00 and bought it from a nice guy selling them at the track. I put the chute on (kinda fit like a backpack). Real easy to put on. I staged for my first run and when I took off from the line I was going fast as hell. Well about half track I pulled the rip cord. I don’t know what happened next. I woke up about an hour later. Just in time for my 2nd run. This time I put duck tape on my wrist and handle bars. I had my buddy to put the rip cord in my mouth. I staged and ran quite well but at half track when I pulled that cord lights out. What the hell am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
I think you're supposed to fasten yourself to the bike a little better that you're doing. I have yet to find a way to do this though. Let me know if you come up with anything.

Damn, this is getting expensive. I wreck the bike every time I pull the damn cord. I just CAN'T hold on tight enough!

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
I stopped using the parachute. I couldnt find one to match the bike and helmet.

Now, I just throw the bike in reverse when I cross the finish line. It stops on a dime.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Drag racing? isn't that when two guys in dresses run over hurdles? Or was that a Monty Python episode. I'm so confused. Too many blows to the head...

·
Cock Thumb, or Thumb Cock? You decide.
31,593 Posts
duct tapes not gonna cut it bro you need to safety wire you hands/wrists to the grips.. the only way.. repalce your pegs with some ski bindings. get some ski boots and when you launce you just need to click in your all set...

·
Registered
259 Posts
Everyone thinks I've gone loopy! I'm sitting here pissing my sides at the computer screen!!!

[ 09-12-2002, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: facefullofsnow ]

·
Registered
654 Posts
Just put on your seat belt ive found it keeps me on the 250 when i pull the rip cord to the chute.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Duct tape is to much extra weight. Might want to try thread or saran wrap.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Originally posted by facefullofsnow:
Everyone thinks I've gone loopy! I'm sitting here pissing my sides at the computer screen!!!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">mee too.. I laughed so hard I cried. Excellent post Chain.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Originally posted by GixxerJake:
Just put on your seat belt ive found it keeps me on the 250 when i pull the rip cord to the chute.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hold on....is the parachute supposed to be attached to the bike?? Shit, all along I've had it strapped to my back. It's such a piss-off when I get blown off the bike after every run.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Sit on the front fender strattling the front fairing. Drive it backwards and then at the finish line pull the cord and you will be in front of the bike and you cant fall off. Just be careful that your nuts dont fall off the fender becuase a tire rash could mean disaster!!

·
Registered
583 Posts
I integrated mine with my neon's over my back wheel so I don't fall off when I pull the cord. But to do this I had to get rid of the strobes, which cost me at least 10 hp.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts