Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
ClintB said:
Nice bike, looks crazy especially the exhaust.

Is it just me or does the exhaust run between the right peg and the rear brake, wouldn't that cook your toes, if only for a couple seconds

oh by the way whats it run?

do you see a rear brake ? :) "as in a rotor , caliper ? lines ?

·
Registered
710 Posts
yea, i knew that would stay there.
my point was, from the beginning. is with your toes on the peg wouldn't they get hot, being so close to the exhaust
it is apparent that there is no way to fit your foot in there to use the rear brake if there even was one.

·
Registered
290 Posts
There must be a midget running that thing. If I was on that and actually put my foot on the pegs my knees would be well above the windscreen! It just looks seriously uncomfortable. I also thought that most drag bikes had the pegs set wayyy back so you could literally lay across them rather than sit on them. Looks pretty sweet though.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
COMEBACK said:
First time I have seen BST cf wheels on a dragbike............nice.
You must not have seen many serious drag bikes.

Damn chip!!!!!!! Very good looking bike!
Details, details?
I want to know where to get the tank, tail section, and custom sub frame. I was going to try build the same type of thing myself this winter since know one I knew of or have ever seen one before.
Looks like he has a strait link on it with a penske. I have a strait link I havn't got a chance to use yet. Hopefully get it mounted soon and try it in sacramento in a couple weeks. I was also going to get a custom 1" shorter rear shock or redo the mounting somehow. Then all the suspension would be even with the bottom of my koenig pan. Whats the wheel base on it?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Man, hit me up if you guys ever want a strip jockey. :D

I bet I could fly on that thing. My first run on my stock K5 1K (including suspension settings and height) was a 10.26 @ 140 @ a D.A. of about 8200 ft.

I know I can get into the 9's easy just by strapping it and getting more launch practice.

Edit: Can't type worth a shit

·
Registered
396 Posts
Strange but predictable crowd here. Only Chip can get away with posting a drag GSXR without reading 'how easy" it is to go in a straight line, GSXR are for curves ,busa's for 1/4 mile LOL!

Nice bike, any details on the motor?

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry....I can only give our a few details. It's a customer bike and the real stats are only his business.

All I can tell you is that it is as fast as it looks.

The frame is cut at the neck to get the bike even lower, the sub frame is a custom one off unit, but you can get some really trick subframe stuff from GP tech. The Triples are custom 0 offset pieces and shock is built specificly for us. It's called a locker shock and they work great. This bike is as low and light as it gets for a drag bike. Very trick.....Very fast...

Here is a picture of it's "little" brother...

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I would probably do the subframe a little different as I want it deep in the front to mount all of my electronics under the seat area. AMS 1000 and tic when it comes out, dl32 data logger, etc. Battery mounted in the upper with a little light like pictured. Where can I get the body work. Upper, tank, tail? Or who can I get in touch with to get some?
It looks like you made your own custom strait link. If I have enough spare money this winter I will get a custom shock. How much for a locker from you?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.