Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UK riders, I just bought my ticket to see the gp race in Donnington, July. I'm in the states and wanted to know if anyone can give some good/bad advise about the area/people, e.t.c

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Hi, you are going to have a great time! The people are great, the beer is stronger than over there so you best get some practice in!!! The weather will be beautiful British summertime!! Where you staying, at Donnie or in a hotel/B&B? Are you going to have a bike over here to play on?

·
Registered
100 Posts
You will have a cracking day, just be prepared for traffic chaos getting into and out of the circuit!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Its a good way from London my friend, so you'll have to be on the road early. There were traffic problems starting at about 8am last year when i got there, and i only live 15mins away.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its a good way from London my friend, so you'll have to be on the road early. There were traffic problems starting at about 8am last year when i got there, and i only live 15mins away.
On the road like 5am, ya think ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
You can get there from london in about 13/4 hrs - I would aim to be there by 7.30 at the latest - you'll probably still have to queue from the motorway.
By the way - if you get directions from the internet, make sure you spell it with one 'N' in the middle - I live in Donnington (with two Ns), and although you won't have to queue to get into the village, you also won't see any racing.
Have a great day - I can't go this year as my second child is due right about the same time.........I usually camp from thursday to monday, which is the best value (£69 this year , I think)

·
Registered
539 Posts
If you do stay in Londan try to be in the north of the city preferably near the M1 motorway You can waste an hour navigating trough the city although Sunday morning wont be bad for traffic try looking for a Novotel or travelodge which you may find next to the M1, this road will take you all the way to Donington following signs for the East Midlands Airport. I would suggest you are on the road for 4AM which will leave you plenty of time to get there and possibly aviod any traffic jams.

Craner Curves is a very good viewing spot either on the inside or outside the the track

1 - 13 of 13 Posts