Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am over the men on this site, and in the shops. Apparently chick riders are not a respected breed. I just had my bike in the shop and got nothing but attitude from the owner until my Husband showed up. Then it was free this and have a good day that. Now I come on here to ask simple questions and get attitude from the men here. Has any other chick rider had this issue of lack of respect? I am a really nice girl, with a lot of male friends in the biker community who encourage me to become a better rider. I just don't understand the lack of respect lately.

·
Banned
9 Posts
saw this thread in the main page, prob shouldnt post because its "girl forum" but cant help myself

I am not a white knight and could care less about men or women riding, but the group I ride with, theres a few females, albeit a little inexperienced, but anxious to learn and ride better. all the men treat them great, and not just because they are really cute. You only have 19 post, i am not sure thats enough to judge an entire website honestly. Heck, im on another forum where everyone treats everyone like that dog poo and it is annoying but i say give it a chance, i see plenty of people helping eachother on here, everyone one of my post have been questions about bikes lol.

the shop thing, my gf went to get an oil change done and the shop tried telling her she needed new brakes, new pads, new rotors, he car was gonna kill her if she didnt get the $1000 stuff done they qouted, .. funny, considering 1 month early i replaced all rotors/brakes/everything already. I went in and they instantly changed their tone. It is a stereotype that certain places will take advantage of a woman and try, and it is wrong.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
saw this thread in the main page, prob shouldnt post because its "girl forum" but cant help myself
You should have helped yourself. See you in 5days:facepalm

·
Registered
33 Posts
Here was my last experience- brought my bike in for an inspection and recall on the bike. This was a new bike. My husband followed me in the car. The bike was fine. I go to pick up the bike, they charge me $80 extra because "rear light was out." I was so mad. It was fine. It's not hard replacing a bulb. Guy tells me, "they had to take the seat off." I promise I'm not making this up. Umm..you take a key and the seat comes off in two seconds. I had to pay the ransom to get my bike. Manager never called me back until I posted a negative review on Yelp.

I have multiple bikes, two Yamahas, and had been going to this place for three years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts