Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 98 750 SRAD and I have found out that there have been a few recalls for parts on this bike. What were all the parts again that needed fixed, and does suzuki pay for these or is out of my pocket? How novice of me to think this, but I never have had to deal with a recall.

·
Registered
17,982 Posts
Originally posted by slickstergsxr:
I just got my 98 750 SRAD and I have found out that there have been a few recalls for parts on this bike. What were all the parts again that needed fixed, and does suzuki pay for these or is out of my pocket? How novice of me to think this, but I never have had to deal with a recall.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">suzuki should pay all parts and labor on it but make sure you remind the dealership before hand that is is recall work they will try and fuck you!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well thats good, so what things defentely need fixed on the bike. Something about a fuel gasket, and cam chain tensioner, and one other thing, is this right?

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
For the 98, I believe there was only one recall, and it was for the fuel line.
I think there is a number you can call and give them the vin # and they will tell you if it has been repaired or not. I don't know the # though.

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
Your dealer should be able to check your vin for the recall status... Also, The CCT is was only recalled on the 99s, and you should be ready to replace it on the 98 as well... I think the last GOOD one they made was in 96/97...

Also, Im not sure but I think the fuel like and the pump gasket were on recall.. I know the line, but I was told (word of mouth) about a gasket.

John

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
the only recall i had on my bike was the fuel pump hose..i did it my self cause i live in the middle of nowhere..it came with all the gaskets, and hoses..took about an hour.. suzuki will pick up the tab if done at a dealer..

call 714-996-7040 ext 660

1 - 6 of 6 Posts