Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on buying the triple play pass for Camelback - would anyone else be interested?

If so you can buy it online at https://secure.skicamelback.com/itemShow.aspx?Dep=LRdDMvH%2bUeuUp5%2biWRX0iA%3d%3d&Cat=yT6hFqfABary82blHHEZ9w%3d%3d&It=opYWpO4YaUve%2fZeLS9YUFg%3d%3d or go to Pelican Ski Shop and pick it up.

The Triple Ticket Card is valid for the following:

• 3 lift tickets for the 2012-2013 winter season only.
  • One lift ticket per day.
  • Passport To Winter Fun-chock full of money saving coupons for you and your friends too!
  • Discount coupons for CBK Mountain Adventures Treetops Courses and Mountain Coaster for the 2013 season!
The Triple Ticket is non-transferable and can only be used by the cardholder at any ticket window. The Triple Ticket is valid for a ticket after 3pm on (1/19/2013, 1/20/2013, 2/16/2013, 2/17/2013 & 2/23/2013). This will constitute taking 1 of your 3 tickets off of the card. The Triple Ticket is valid to upgrade to an open to close ticket for an additional $20 on (1/19/2013, 1/20/2013, 2/16/2013, 2/17/2013 & 2/23/2013). This will constitute taking 1 of your 3 tickets off of the card.

·
Registered
26 Posts
How long does the season last here? I'd like to set my board down on a run or two before the season is done, but I won't be able to do much until February at the earliest.

·
Possibly infected with Ebola
3,216 Posts
That doesn't sound like a bad deal. Camelback is one of the best mountains in the area. I'm actually heading up there for New Years for a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
...just like sex with Shane
12,047 Posts
You can still do the month of February for skiing / snowboarding. I always go to Vermont. The mountains are less crowded, little to no lift lines & the snow is ALWAYS better up there...they typically have better snow making capabilities.

I just got back from Okemo & Bromlet. Great mountains. Also, going to Stratton in the middle of Feb.

That link up top is definitely a good deal. I paid $80 for my full day lift ticket this past week. :cheers

·
3,216 Posts
You can still do the month of February for skiing / snowboarding. I always go to Vermont. The mountains are less crowded, little to no lift lines & the snow is ALWAYS better up there...they typically have better snow making capabilities.

I just got back from Okemo & Bromlet. Great mountains. Also, going to Stratton in the middle of Feb.

That link up top is definitely a good deal. I paid $80 for my full day lift ticket this past week. :cheers
Whiteface in upstate New York is awesome also. I try to make a yearly trip there but have been slacking recently.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Just got back from Tahoe, 5 ft of snow :punk

·
12,047 Posts
Whiteface in upstate New York is awesome also. I try to make a yearly trip there but have been slacking recently.

Whiteface is an excellent mountain!! I think being that far north is the only way to go. A few years back we hit Stowe, which was sick. 40" of snow the day before we arrived.

Just got back from Tahoe, 5 ft of snow :punk
:drool

You can't beat west coast powder :fact

·
3,216 Posts
Whiteface is an excellent mountain!! I think being that far north is the only way to go. A few years back we hit Stowe, which was sick. 40" of snow the day before we arrived.

I was up at whiteface three years ago with 6 friends and the night before our arrival there was 36" of fresh powder. Fucking awesome. A skier friend of mine ended up taking the uncharted trails they have until they close it do to the threat of an avalanche. Once your ski or snowboard that far north and in such amazing conditions mountains around here are kind of a joke. The amazing thing about mountains up north is the length of the trails.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts

Haha yeah it was pretty gnar brah. I like the Alps better though

·
12,047 Posts
Once your ski or snowboard that far north and in such amazing conditions mountains around here are kind of a joke. The amazing thing about mountains up north is the length of the trails.

Exactly. I'm on Long Island & I'd rather drive the 4 minimum hours to get to a better mountain. I hated taking the 15 minute lift up then boarding down for 3 minutes on an icy, short trail :thumbdown

·
3,216 Posts
Exactly. I'm on Long Island & I'd rather drive the 4 minimum hours to get to a better mountain. I hated taking the 15 minute lift up then boarding down for 3 minutes on an icy, short trail :thumbdown
Exactly whiteface is 8 hours from me but I would rather make a weekend trip there then drive two hours to some shit mountain in the poconos for the day.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Skiing and snowboarding are both awesome! I love both! Pick one and get out there. It hurts at first but it's damn near as exhilarating as riding :thumbup

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Skiing and snowboarding are both awesome! I love both! Pick one and get out there. It hurts at first but it's damn near as exhilarating as riding :thumbup
+1 although since I grew up on skis I do tend to do more skiing. But they are both awesome fun.

·
3,216 Posts
I grew up skiing and switched to snowboarding and never looked back.

·
AKA Pee Wee Herman
6,092 Posts
Really????

FYI - falling in snow doesn't hurt as much as the pavement....just saying...
You eventually stop falling on pavement. On a mountain you don't stop till you get to the bottom of said mountain. I'd rather fall once and slide for 75 feet than to fall 50 times while tumbling down the side of a hill.

Me and snow sports don't get along, when I was in 4th grade I broke my leg in a nasty sledding accident.

Although I may very shortly be getting a chance on a snow mobile. We shall see how that goes.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
:lmao you don't always fall after you get the hang of it. Only every once in a while. I went for the first time this season the weekend before last and I only had one nasty spill. Had maybe four or five little ones but I was riding on about five or six feet of fresh powder... :biggrin feels like falling on a cloud. And I wouldn't compare sledding to skiing or boarding, you have like no control over a sled. A good skier or boarder can control where they go to within inches... just like riding a motorcycle. The feeling you get when you're leaned over carving is really similar between to the two actually IMO.

I too grew up skiing, started when I was about three years old. I'm a lot better at skiing but I have more fun snowboarding usually. I like doing little jumps and what not :lol

·
Registered
129 Posts
From the 3 times i've snowboarded i've hurt my tailbone. I just can't seem to turn for some reason.

Low slides on the bike don't leave a dent though :D.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts