Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DOES ANYONE RIDE ANYTHING OTHER THAN AN 05\'

You would think that no one rides anything but a 05 1k!!!! Were have all the other 1K's went!!!... I am so tired of everyone saying show me your 05 or I just brough home my 05.......Most of you guys with your 05 are not going to do anything with them other than put a pipe or such on them so what is the hype!!!!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Re: DOES ANYONE RIDE ANYTHING OTHER THAN AN 05\'

My wife rides an SV650s. That make you feel better?

·
Registered
518 Posts

My wife drives a new explorer.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts

in two years you will be asking " does anyone here ride anything beside the K7 " just wait..

·
Registered
79 Posts

I have the better K3 in silver. It has a round tail pipe which allows exhaust gasses to escape more uniformly. Also doesn't have those heavy rear view mirrors with turn signals built in. Lower center of gravity you know. Tires also last longer since it has about ten less horsepower.

·
Registered
259 Posts

I own a Blue white K4 and I'm proud of it!!

GreetZ

·
Registered
396 Posts

Yep, the orignal K1. Many mods since. Their was a time when I would buy the latest and greatest.

I have invested about 15k in a built motor (1070), Akrapovich, all cf bodywork, Marchesini's, ceramic bearings, etc. It cost me $9400 new so I'm at 25k. A real, not internet hype making 178-185 hp in hot, humid hp robbing Florida air, depending on dyno, day, gas 88-91 ft lbs tq on 23,000 mile motor. Been the best motorcycle I have ever owned. It will destroy any new litre bike in what only matters too me- acceleration.

For the average consumer (not a racer) Why buy a new bike at near 11k after ttt on average this is assuming you are buying outright and not financing. Than do the normal mods, Pipes now are more expensive with minimal gains for the cost, than a pc $3-500, another 150-300 for a map, maybe new screen and tank guards so another $200 so basically your going to add another $2-2500 on top of the bike cost, than you hear about the latest and greatest and put your bike up for sale or trade it the next year at a 40% min loss off the orignal bike retail cost and ya never recoup the cost of the mods and endless dyno time trying different things. As an example, take a 04 1k add a pipe, pc, map end up with 155-160, 10r and I beleive the K5 is more closer hp (more tq) to the 10r which are around 145-153 around here, with pipe and pc the best I'm aware of with U4 made 162. Not a huge gain to me. Bone stock and your not doing any mods, than yes, some gains over the years but who keeps their bike stock?

The gains in performance (acceleration) are not like they used to be like in the late 80's and 90's from each new year intro. Look at the 1/4 mile times for the 1k, R1 and the 10r over the past four years ( 2 for the 10r) not a big difference there. I do like the advancements with the fuel injection and ti valves this year but not enough to go out and buy one.

Now if someone builds a V5 or V6. I would buy one just for it being unique. i read several months ago in one of the British mags an interview with the KTM head and he said they want to build a big bore bike, multi cylinder sport bike. it has to be different than anything else and have a V6 in the early design/concept phase and we could possibly see it in 3-5 years.

Bottomline its your dollar and whatever floats your boat.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts

What do think I ride
I'll give ya a hint it's not an 05

·
Registered
7 Posts

Wait! is putting a pipe on it considered doing something with it?

I bought the bike so that after 50-60 hours working in my shop on other bikes I could tape up the lights and toss the bitch in the truck and head to the track knowing I had an ass-kicking beast of doom to play with.

I have 14 ...Yes 14! Motorcycles, some of which I made most of the bike including the frame. I have an 04 1000, the difference is THAT much

Thank you for your support

·
Registered
103 Posts

Black K3 1000- PCIII- CARBON ACKROPOVIC- 5 SPOKE OZ WHEELS-OHLINS REAR SHOCK- CRG LEVERS- HEL LINES- GALFER 320MM WAVEYS-ZX6 CALIPERS- CARBON HUGGER- AIRFLOW SCREEN. all this cheaper than a new K5,well i did buy k3 used.

·
Registered
35 Posts

I just came back from a ride with a friend on my other bike, an 01 gsxr1000 with 172 rwhp.
We did swap bikes a couple of times and what an amazing difference!
The 05 felt tiny with great bottom end and mid range and the handling was amazing.
The 01 felt better above 8000 rpm, smoother shifting, and really felt huge after the 05.
The gel seat was very comfortable, the bars were great and wide with amazing stability.

My friend is 5'11'' and felt the 05 was too small for him, i'm 5'8'' and fit perfectly.
I will keep both bikes as they both have pros and cons.
He actually bought my old 2000 busa and we will enjoy swapping 3 great bikes.
Many thanks Suzuki!!!!

The only downside is my Tiforce melted a small portion of my 05 fairing, so it is a tight fit and needs adjusting:(
This is the only time this has ever happened to me in 20 years:(

·
Registered
362 Posts

That's what I ride.

·
Registered
843 Posts

I sold my 2001 600 to buy a 2005 1000, it's a nice upgrade.

Now in 4 years or so, when the new models comes out, I might go get it, but I won't get a new bike every years!

I think 4 years is a good time to change bike.

·
Registered
202 Posts

Is that your garage Andreas many props to the immaculant garage shiny floor and all I'm envious

·
Registered
79 Posts

No.. it's not mine unfortunately.. I'm not that tidy.. so you and me both are envious

1 - 20 of 39 Posts