Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinkin of stealing this scheme for my purple bike. Just picture the bike purple, the checkered flag yellow, the silver decals in chrome. Help fellows.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I think it would look better if the blocks in the checkerboard pattern were bigger.
this guy had a full fairing on before with the smae paint as he has now,and it was one on the nicest old schools I have seen.

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Just be careful...it might end up looking like a Kenny Roberts Yamaha from the 70's...remember those GP bikes? Blinding fast but sort of like bumble bees.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Looks good to me! Only thing I don't like is the gsxr sticker, it doesn't go with the overall scheme. The yellow could be a little darker as well. Still a nice looking old schooler.

I know I've seen a yellow and purple old school somewhere on the net, I'll try to dig it up.

I think a chrome Suzuki sticker on the tank would look good and a sticker with the engine size in place of the gsxr sticker. Don't want to take away from the paintjob with huge stickers like the bike pictured.

[ 08-21-2002, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: Justice ]

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
I like the idea but not sure about the purple and yellow. Purple and dark gray or black would be better.
Bones

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Looks good to me...especialy with the different tail section in the second pic, but I prefer the whole front fairing. Only other thing I might change would be to add some white to the checkerd section.

[ 08-23-2002, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: Rbike ]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts