Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If the transmission from a 1992 750 slingshot will fit right into a 1988 1100(1052)?? I have the option to purchase the 2 shafts with gears and the shift drum and forks. and I would like to know if it will just drop in to my 1052. Please I need to know this .. I have been looking so long for a good tranny .. the guy I talked to about the parts says that it should aslong as it is a 1052 and not a 1127 motor .. any insight please guys .. I need your knowledge on this one.

Kawasaki

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I believe they will fit, the only thing that might give you trouble is the clutch. The tooth count will be different, but if the clutch shaft is the same length you should be ok.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
yes the 1127 in the 91 92 is different they have a diaphram spring clutch, the older 1100's did not. I think this will work but i'm not 100% sure. Hopefully someone else will tell you if it will.

·
Registered
978 Posts
1052 i know it has a normal clutch but the double bearing i dono i'm sure some one will know
why do you want a 6 speed 750 as they are weeker than the 5 speed 1100???

jimmy

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well to do the tranny it will cost me approx... 600 canadian and well for half of that i can purchase the whole tranny from the 92 750 slingshot.. and that is my reasoning..basically price.. and it is tough as nails to find on used to begin with .. I can't find one anywhere and how do you tell if it isn't a diaphram clutch .. how do you know that and How would I look at it to know that aswell.?? I am just curios

[ 12-30-2002, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: rimmer ]

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
the answer to the question you are asking is no it will work like you think it will...the tranny will bolt right in and all but the difference in the clutch basket clearance with the #4 rod...the 750 tranny has a shorter input shaft therefore you would have to us the 750 clutch basket setup and that would cause you some problems...you don't want to put that weak tranny in your 1100 motor...it won't be long before you will be replacing it cause you would have shattered 2nd gear in it...get a 1100 tranny!!!

dwayne

1 - 11 of 11 Posts