Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

What do ya think I should do?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a curious question...i just saw one in person this weekend and it looks like the cadillac of motorcycles(in regards to its wide butt)

·
Registered
408 Posts
The only people that think its ugly are the people that want one but can't have one! But then again I like Cadillacs so what do I know?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Honestly, when I first saw it on suzuki's website I hated it. Once I saw it in real life I loved it, and then once I rode it I climaxed!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
nope, not at all....
but my 04 IS better lookin

·
Registered
141 Posts
it is growing on me. seeing it in person is much better than pics. pipe is still ugly, but not as bad as it looks in pics. it will take getting used to, same as the 03-04 did...i didnt like them at first either.. one mans trash is another mans treasure. some like it, some dont.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Ditto! I actually dont mind the pipe as much as the tail section. For me, that is the worst part. Wont stop me from buying one though!!!! I'll be buying more for function, not form.

·
Registered
479 Posts
everything on it is sweet except the tail. Even if the "pods" were a smaller, that would be okay, but WHY does it need those huge things on the side?!?!?!

·
Registered
565 Posts
damn we cant get away from the "how much" or the " is it ugly or nots" im probly gonna go insane by the time these posts end but i would have to say it is neither of the options on the pole. its a good looking bike but the r1 looks better but the engine in that gsxr is AMAZING IM SURE. Nothing like a gixxer engine and the bike is far from ugly.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think it looks good. But after riding it I didn't care what it looks like... I'm hooked. I buy bikes for the ride, not the look.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
No doubt it is one awsome race bike and I can even get by the exhaust, but the tail is hideous. [And I have seen it in person, and I could have one].

IMO, If the tail was similar to the 03/04 it would be a much better looking bike

·
Registered
980 Posts
I do like the tail. Just as I loved the tail of the aprilia.
For example the R1s ass is damn ugly. No proportion between the pipes and tail itself.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I love the way it looks, the only think I hate is how high the back is, I have to lift my leg so HIGH to know catch the back fairing.. lol

·
Premium Member
73,234 Posts
the only thing good looking about the k5 is the performance.

ugly things:
"king's crown" headlight
turn signals in mirrors and tail section
tail section in general
passenger seat cowl
contour of fairings

i will be sticking with my k3, thanks. and yes, i could afford a k5 if i wanted one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well, I kinda bought my K5 for what it does not so much what it is. After a certain pont in racing and building bikes, I cam to the conclusion that they are tools, like a hammer or in this case a bullet that you can ride. The bike rocks! I have beeen building Hot rod GSXR's since 86.....and to put it simply.....you can't build this. Of course it is a $12,000 hammer but the US government assures me that is quite a bargain.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think the tail is one of its best attributes (as looks are concerned). I think the headlights and the transformer-like side panels are the biggest detractions. Even the can isn't too bad in person, but if I ever get one I would change it for a Yosh.

·
loves oldgixxer and Anthony D
12,611 Posts
hated it at first, but after I saw EagleDriver's 05, I changed my mind..it is really growing on me

1 - 20 of 44 Posts