Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont yet as long as i have been riding i`m really getting tired of the renew the permit move!

so this weekend i`m signing up for the motorcycle safety course! damn it!

anyone else not have the endorsement ?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Florida accepts completion of the MSF as meeting the standards for both the written and driving exams for your endorsement. I know in Pensacola the class costs 190 and in addition to meeting the license requirements you learn a few things that could save your life.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
aingram03 said:
Why take the course ... why not just go to the DMV and take the riding test... you can save $225-300 :scratch
OK all kidding aside.
Taking the MSF course will benefit you no matter how long you've been riding. Its just dumb to skip the most important part of the licensing process.
:squid

·
Registered
210 Posts
stupid to ride without an endorsement, i just got popped here in illinois for it.

$75 fine, TWO MONTH suspension of your license, for the first offense.

that automatically means your insurance company rapes you, so, you'll be looking at paying 2-3x more than you do now for auto insurance, just because you were fucking lazy and couldn't take the DMV test.

i took the test, and barely passed, on my buddies '06 600. hopefully they'll drop the case now, i have court on the 15th of this month for it.

·
big floppy donkey dick
2,972 Posts
not sure what it is here in NC since i just moved down here but in Delaware all it is is a $25 fine with no pts for the first offense.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Why take the course and not just take the test?

av_fan said:
OK all kidding aside.
Taking the MSF course will benefit you no matter how long you've been riding. Its just dumb to skip the most important part of the licensing process.
:squid
Not only this excellent point, but one other one.

If you take the test, you might be able to maneuver enuff to pass the exam, but beginner's won't understand what the techniques are or why the bike behaves given the inputs necessary to do the maneuver. The MSF course WILL provide this info on all the techniques in the curriculum. Add to that some good overall riding strategies and you get a good course for the dough.

Does it work? 11 of 11 riders earned their way to an endorsement on my range this weekend - and quite frankly they kinda sucked when we started. Not that any of them are road-racers now, but they are competent to start motorcycling.

I also recommend the ERC for a first-of-the-season warmup for street riders every year, if you have any sort of layoff in your riding. I also recommend calling your local MSF site to inquire about group ERC's. We always do a sportbike-only course in the spring (taught by Instructors who actually ride sportbikes on street and track so we can tailor the instructional material).

I am biased, as you will obviously see. BUT every time I see 'RIP' - it kills me. You can't legislate good judgement, but you can train to diminish the results of bad judgement.

Peace.

·
Banned
12,040 Posts
I have had mine since 3 days after buying my bike... Bought it on Sat, practiced on Sat Sun, DMV closed on monday. Got it Tuesday after class.

Took the MSF class about a year later. Didn't "learn" much because I had read a lot of books about riding - but it rained the days I was there so I got to practice a loooooot of rain riding and didnt have to worry about wadding my bike. I am much more confident in the rain because of it.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Brianinms said:
Florida accepts completion of the MSF as meeting the standards for both the written and driving exams for your endorsement. I know in Pensacola the class costs 190 and in addition to meeting the license requirements you learn a few things that could save your life.
MSF cost you guys that much?!:eek It's only 60 bucks here.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.