Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Faps to Fantasy Football, and fails at that even
10,194 Posts
Good Read. :thumbup I see a lot of common misconceptions at the gym with people that do training/dieting that somebody recommended , or believe everything they read in a Flex or Mucscle Developement Magazine, but Dorians interview is "spot on" about learning your body and what and how it reacts when training/eating/resting. It def takes time to learn.

·
Registered
583 Posts
man i wish i could read it right now. im def going to bookmark it and try and read it this weekend when i have time. thanks for the find!

·
Professional Baby Maker
17,741 Posts
wow...great read :cheers

best part of it IMO -

"
  • Okay, training is 100 percent, nutrition is 100 percent, and mental approach is 100 percent. It is like a tripod: you take one of the legs away and they all fall down. So that is bullsh!t and there is no such thing (that one bodybuilding factor is more important than they other).
    What if you had an absolutely perfect diet? High protein six-times-a-day every two and half to three hours and all the supplements you can get, and you sit home all day and watch TV? Nothing is going to happen. So in this light how can nutrition be the most important factor? Conversely, if you went to the gym and busted your ass and just ate a slice of toast, nothing would happen either. So they are all as important as each other."

·
Chubby Chaser
57,804 Posts
Dorian was a big proponent of "instinctive training". I'm a big believer in this as well, at the end of the day no traininer, gym rat or friend of yours knows your body better than you (provided you are at least somewhat self-aware of course), and what specifically works best for it in regards to getting results.

Dorian definately had some very unique training styles. He never did squats (so many other BB'ers swear by them), he never did flat benches, he uses machines extensively....because he knows what works best for HIM.

Blood and Guts in the best pre-workout psyche- up video :D :D :D.

·
Premium Member
18,689 Posts
another guy to look up or google is "doggcrap". Very basic theories and they work, but his methods require a little pain at times. doggcrap and fst-7 can work miracles if you put in the effort.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
I follow the Yates approach myself and have for years. I remember talking to CHris Cormier when he would get back from England after to training with Yates and he would talk about how Yate's isn't human and shit..:D

·
Chubby Chaser
57,804 Posts
I follow the Yates approach myself and have for years. I remember talking to CHris Cormier when he would get back from England after to training with Yates and he would talk about how Yate's isn't human and shit..:D
Would have liked to talked to C.C. myself but the only times I've ever seen him he was high and standing on top of a bar doing an impromptu posing routine. :lol

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Would have liked to talked to C.C. myself but the only times I've ever seen him he was high and standing on top of a bar doing an impromptu posing routine. :lol
Yep, that's my boy right there. We used to really party it up back in the day. That fool got more chicks just cause he could roll his stomach, chicks love that shit..:D

·
Chubby Chaser
57,804 Posts
Yep, that's my boy right there. We used to really party it up back in the day. That fool got more chicks just cause he could roll his stomach, chicks love that shit..:D

Yeah, alot of them IFBB types are an odd breed. On another occasion Kelly Ryan tried to proposition a good friend of mine to have a 3-some with her and Titus. Given all that's happened since I'm certainly happy she was not down for it.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Yeah, alot of them IFBB types are an odd breed. On another occasion Kelly Ryan tried to proposition a good friend of mine to have a 3-some with her and Titus. Given all that's happened since I'm certainly happy she was not down for it.
Yeah, they were freaks man. There is alot of rec drug use in the bodybuilding community, really is mind blowing. I really had to step back and re evaluate my life, luckily I ran into my wife when I did or I was headed down a similar path.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
8 Participants
SPL170db
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing