Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I will not get a slip on if I have to remap it or get a pcII, not worth the trouble. I was expecting it to be a simple bolt on and it would be done with.

Also, does the 01 RS3 bolt on to the stock holes, or does it use springs?

[ 11-17-2001: Message edited by: God ]</p>

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
you don't HAVE to remap for a slipon, but it may run a tad better with it.

the slipon would bolt on to where the stock canister normally is.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damn, that almost makes me not want to get the slip on. Hmm can a regular shop remap for

------------------
01 GSX-R600 Blue/white
01 S4

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a yoshi slip on and I didn't have to remap my Y2K 750. But like Jeff said it wouldn't hurt if you just want get it done.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
You don't have to remap for a slip on. If you get the race only slip on from Yosh AND remap, you'll probably pick up a little power (mostly on top), but not like a full system. The dyno posts of the slip on on Yosh's web page are WITH remap using their box. +5,+5,+5 I think, so keep in mind without remapping you may not get the power increase, but it will sound cool if that's all you care about. I say ride it like it is, save some money up a few months, then buy a full system, pc2 and you won't regret it.
Scott

------------------

·
.............OG
37,640 Posts
You may also be able to bring it to a dealership and pay them around $50 or so to remap your bike with the Yoshi YAFMS box.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts