Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since this part of the site is kinda dead ( ok...really dead ) I figured I would throw something out there that would get a few responses.

Hopefully those post will lead to more post and we will get active! :frantic

At this point lets just keep it super simple to get things rolling. Tell us a little bit about your workout, why you workout, if you take any supplements ( please withhold details about injecting in your ass:nono)

As of now my workouts consist of mostly calisthenics and kettlebells. I started out with heavy lifting when I was younger but didn't like the type of muscle I was putting on. I have been fighting since I was a kid so my main focus is muscle density. I want my strikes to stay snappy and crisp but still have the impact of a bag of bricks. The big puffy muscles never really worked for me personally and I would only pack on that kind of muscle if my goal was to impress the honeys at the pool.

At the moment the only supplement I take daily is creatine. I do have a weight gainer but I only use it twice a week or so. I use it only on the days were my diet consist of a lot of veggies/fruits and my meat portions are lacking.

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,126 Posts
I do lift, Bro :biggrin Started when I was 15-ish, am 35 now. I've been taking some breaks along the way, got back into it 6 months ago and go to the gym 4-5 times a week - plus I run and swim.

I used to do bodybuilding, powerlifting and strongman competitions, now I just do it for fun and to stay in shape - my Wife is a great cook so I exercise to be able to eat more without getting fat :lmao

As for supplements, I take only take whey protein, creatine and multi-vitamins. Everything else you can buy over the counter is bullshit, has been since ephedrine was made a controlled substance :piss

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you currently able to eat whatever? Or are there certain foods you cut out of your diet?

My diet right now consist of meat, veggies, fruits, and seeds/nuts. I rarely eat dairy products or grain. I drink about 1 1/2 gallons of water a day and I rarely have anything else. I find the best way to stay healthy starts in the grocery store. I just don't buy garbage because when I do I usually finish it the same day ( no self control lol ).

What type of whey protein and creatine are you taking? I took a preworkout for about 2-3 months but I havnt had the need for it now that I am back in shape. If I am feeling a little sluggish I will usually have some Royal Jelly.

·
Administrator
13,255 Posts
I'm lucky , I own a gym so get to workout after hours ... I also compete/coach MMA so have to stay in shape for that !!!
I'm the senior fitness coach for the Maffra Football Club (afl code) and also play the odd game , which I did last Saturday.
My wife is a personal trainer and a nutritionist so is a great help stayin in shape and planning structured food programs to loose or gain weight/muscle !!!
I basically train everyday ... But it varies alot from weights/cardio/cross fit/footy/Mma

·
Administrator
13,255 Posts
I take fish oil and a good multi vitamin every day , I also take Vital strength 'ripped' in the morning and Vital strength 'WPI' With glutamine in the arvo's to aid recovery ...
My diet is as straight forward as it gets , eat smart , eat clean and eat regularly !!!

·
Premium Member
9,717 Posts
Yes you are lucky 8you4t.......I've trained regularly in the past, normally 5 days a week, one body part a day.

TBH haven't trained in the last month but will be back on it soon!!!

·
Administrator
13,255 Posts
Actually it's not a bad thing to have rest periods .. Though they shouldn't be any longer then 2 weeks unless dealing with an injury !!!
Just keep the food in check so your not loosing on both fronts !!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
I work out 3-4 times a day, eat smart, and also very terrible things. Alright, I eat what ever I see. And I don't use any vitamins or weight gain, or muscle supplement. Never saw a need, I don't want weight that will turn into fat as soon as I stop lifting. Thank you awesome metabolism:D

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
467 Posts
I lift heavy, I usually do 3 sets of 6-12 reps. And I always add 5 to 20 lbs extra after every set. Does that sound like a good idea?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm a lifter.

Chest days - I do one day heavy a week, one day speed a week.
Heavy Leg days
Heavy Arms
Heavy Back/Shoulder days

I play rugby and soccer still. And do crazy amounts of cardio at the gym, typical AFTER gym workout is 2.5 miles run followed by 2-4 miles of speed intervals spaced at .1 mi / interval.

My gym workouts are too long. :( haha

·
Les lions Indomptables !
680 Posts
Nah...no lifting for me... shit is too heavy ...
Futbol three times a week is all i get. Lifting would certainly give me some benefits, but the motivation has never been there.

·
Administrator
13,255 Posts
I'm a lifter.

Chest days - I do one day heavy a week, one day speed a week.
Heavy Leg days
Heavy Arms
Heavy Back/Shoulder days

I play rugby and soccer still. And do crazy amounts of cardio at the gym, typical AFTER gym workout is 2.5 miles run followed by 2-4 miles of speed intervals spaced at .1 mi / interval.

My gym workouts are too long. :( haha

Pls walk us through your 'crazy' amount of cardio at the gym ???

·
Registered
160 Posts
Pls walk us through your 'crazy' amount of cardio at the gym ???
well 2 mile warm up run at 8.0 MPH, then 2.5 miles of intervals at 12 MPH for .1 mi, then 6 MPH for .1 mi. After that sprints in the basketball court. On cardio down days its 5-7 miles on the bike or a spin class. These are all after doing a full lift days. And I bike 3 miles to/from my gym any day its not raining.

Weekends its 8-10 miles outside.

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,126 Posts
Are you currently able to eat whatever? Or are there certain foods you cut out of your diet?
When I did all the competitive stuff I did strict diets, now I give about zero fucks about it :lmao

However, my Wife cooks everything from scratch and with good ingredients so I don't eat a lot of processed food. I'm a huge beer snob so I'll have a couple of craft beers most nights, none of that "light" shit nor those fizzy yellow beverages that pass for mainstream "beer".

During the day I drink a metric shitton of water, OJ with my protein powder after workouts (early in the morning( and quite a bit of black coffee.

I do more cardio so I don't "have to" diet :biggrin

What type of whey protein and creatine are you taking? I took a preworkout for about 2-3 months but I havnt had the need for it now that I am back in shape. If I am feeling a little sluggish I will usually have some Royal Jelly.
Whichever non-sugary whey protein I can get the cheapest. Weight gainers are nothing but protein powder cut with sugars and sold at a premium.

My creatine is the GNC brand monohydrate variant.

I tried all the fancy pants wonder supplements when I was younger - none of them are worth the money IMHO, just hype. Protein makes sense for regeneration of muscle and creatine for extra energy. I take the multi-vitamins (plain old Centrum brand) to make sure I get enough of all of those.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I lift. I mix my diet frequently. One week I try to eat only chicken and as much vegetables and fruit as possible then another week I do nothing but eat whatever is in my path. I do make sure I have a protein shake as much as 5 days a week two times a day. I also run because cardio is important. I do that every time before a lifting session and some times I dedicate an entire day to just running. My weight now is 240 at 6,0. I want to get down to 230 and I know I'm going to have to cut out a good amount of the meat I eat. Also when I lift I usually do multiple muscle groups a day for example, Thursday I did hamstrings, calves, thighs, chest, and back during a one hour session (IMO very easy to do) and I mix everything up every time I go so if I were to do the same muscle groups I would do different exercises. I've been told I'm pretty brolic but I think I could improve.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I've been trying to find a good diet I go to the gym 5 days a week usually mornings but sometimes twice a day I always lift weights to start then I end with a 20-30 min bike run, I drink a protein shake for breakfast and usually eat chicken, tuna or boiled egg whites and fruit. I only try to eat twice aday and won't eat after 9pm. I've been trying to get a flat stomach but can't seem to get it

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
I move away from the mic
6,548 Posts
I've been trying to find a good diet I go to the gym 5 days a week usually mornings but sometimes twice a day I always lift weights to start then I end with a 20-30 min bike run, I drink a protein shake for breakfast and usually eat chicken, tuna or boiled egg whites and fruit. I only try to eat twice aday and won't eat after 9pm. I've been trying to get a flat stomach but can't seem to get it

Only eating twice a day is bad for your metabolism. You have to eat to lose weight. Protein shakes are not a meal, you have to eat food.

Nutrition is 80% of fitness.

Take the shake after the workout, no more than 30 minutes after is ideal.

The intensity of your workout is key as well. Keep your heart rate up as much as possible; take very short breaks and move to your next exercise, again very short breaks. When the workout is finished move to the treadmill and jog for at least 30 min. You don't have to run fast 4.2 to 4.5 mph for 30 minutes will help with fat loss, BUT you have to eat to lose weight. 4-5 small meals/snacks throughout the day is key.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Only eating twice a day is bad for your metabolism. You have to eat to lose weight. Protein shakes are not a meal, you have to eat food.

Nutrition is 80% of fitness.

Take the shake after the workout, no more than 30 minutes after is ideal.

The intensity of your workout is key as well. Keep your heart rate up as much as possible; take very short breaks and move to your next exercise, again very short breaks. When the workout is finished move to the treadmill and jog for at least 30 min. You don't have to run fast 4.2 to 4.5 mph for 30 minutes will help with fat loss, BUT you have to eat to lose weight. 4-5 small meals/snacks throughout the day is key.
I usually drink bcaa's after my workout and I always move from workout to workout quickly but ill try eating 4-5 small meals a day

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
14 Participants
XCSEDAN
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing