Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really didn't like the front fender on my Y2K600. It looked bulky and reminded me of a "half-moon"

So what did I do? I bought a front fender for the new gen gixxer and modified it to fit my bike. After a little bit of drilling, filler, sanding and painting... she is done!

</p>
Tell me what you think?

·
Registered
5,804 Posts

yeah i like it ,makes it look a touch more modern but i bet the fender wasnt cheap

ps.whats the black tape around the headlights? have you got a front view pic?

[ 09-09-2002, 04:53 PM: Message edited by: GIXXERUK ]

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
...not bad!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by GIXXERUK:
ps.whats the black tape around the headlights? have you got a front view pic?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The black tape is vinyl sticker material cut to fit on the headlights giving it an appearance that they are divided. I got the idea from Tapeworks but didn't want to pay the heavy price for just a cut piece of vinyl (Plus I didn't see a version for the SRAD).

I bought a large piece and traced the area with tracing paper and cut the piece by hand.

Here is the only other closeup shot I have of the headlights but I can take more tomorrow.

BTW... the fender wasn't very expensive. In fact, I got it from Slothy who is a moderator for "Y2K Gixxers and Beyond" on this board. Time was the most invested thing in this project. I think total it cost $50 for fender and materials.

Thanks for the compliments!!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
As Cartman would say "Sweeeeet!"

I have been thinkin of tryin to do the fender swap and now I know its possible!! I hate these half moon fenders.... Too bulky looking.

Your bike is very nice

G

·
hey! definitely a job well done

but atleast your stock SRAD fender doesnt look like mine! for the 98 red black and silver the front fender was MATTE BLACK!!! and matched absolutely nothing on the bike! to date, i still have not heard of a good excuse as of why they decided to go matte black on my particluar model and color only!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I thought about that one first but I didn't really like the curved bottom of the TLR fender... just my preference but they are very similiar. Actually, I really wanted to tackle the challenge of actually doing it anyway.

eSeMeS.. I will post more detailed instructions later on how I did it. It wasn't hard or expensive, just time-consuming. Oh...and the fender was used! Just in case I screwed it up!

·
Registered
5,804 Posts

thx for the pic man
,i'm gonna do that myself
and now i know what it cost for the fender the conversion looks even sweeter

·
Registered
5,804 Posts

thx for the pic man
,i'm gonna do that myself
and now i know what it cost for the fender the conversion looks even sweeter

·
Registered
187 Posts
Looks good would like to do that myself.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts