Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a problem that's not so strange. When I whack open the throttle just below the powerband, the bike coughs slightly, and then comes on to the power. Normally, I would think that my needles are one notch too rich. But I heard mentioned that with these kind of carbs, you can't whack the throttle open like that. Any ideas?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Its all relative to what size motor and what size carbs. I have a 1127 with 36mm RS's There is pretty much no bog. But if you have 38 or even 40's then you will notice them hesitate at WOT. Learn to roll.

John

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I am having a problem that's not so strange. When I whack open the throttle just below the powerband, the bike coughs slightly, and then comes on to the power. Normally, I would think that my needles are one notch too rich. But I heard mentioned that with these kind of carbs, you can't whack the throttle open like that. Any ideas?
Being the carbs are CV carbs, whacking the throttle on any type of CV at any rpm shoudnt cause bogging. Id go with your first thought

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're right, Slowkat! I just dug into them, and sure enough, diaghrams. I guess I was mistaken in thinking that, on flat-slide carbs, the cable moves the slides directly. Thanks for cluing me in. Anyway, I dropped the needles one notch, and that hiccup cleared right up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.