Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: Support Bright Powersports

Sounds a little fishy as Russ has not worked at Bright Powersports / Detroit Powersports since late sept 2008 your post is from jan 2009 and Russ worked in the parts department. kinda of sounds like a sales plug for honda cheap i mean east. so you work there or one of your friends do.

My friends mom passed away in Dec of 07. Around April he got $20000 from his share of her house being sold. My friend would have paid full price just to get a bike. He called all over to try and get a deal and told them he had cash. No one would cut him a deal. I told him to give me a few days and I would get him a better deal. I called almost every dealer from Chicago to detroit. I told them all that I was paying with cash and that I was shopping for the best deal. I had one dealer tell me he wouldnt give me a price over the phone because I would just take that price to another dealer and try and get them to beat his price. I told that dealer he was right so give me a price that will make me stop calling other dealers. When it came to and I called and the guy on the phone then he told me to find my best deal and they would beat it. Well a day or two later I found Honda east Toledo. I called and got the best price to that point it was like $10694 out the door. That was with tax and everything. The only other thing would be $15 title tranfer fee once he sent the title in. So what do I do? I called and the guy once again. If I remember correct He tells me If I think thats such a good deal then why havent I bought it yet. Long story short (to late for that) tells me if I really have cash that he would beat the price from honda east. I tell him he HAS to beat the price not match the price. I told him I wasnt going to drive the extra 45min for them to only meet the price. they assured me they would BEAT the price. I told Russ I would be there in 2 hours to get the bike and I was. I walked in The first thing he ask is to see the cash. I showed him the cash and the email from honda east to show that I wasnt bull shitting them. After a few min another sales guy tells me to start counting the money. I told him we had settled on a price yet. He tell me yeah we did we are going match there price. I told beat the price or I walk. They already seen the cash so they know I could go else where. They tried to tell me it was illegal for honda east to take the money for taxes. They held to not beating the price so guess what. I walked out. A few sales guys followed trying to get me to buy the bike. I told them give me a good helmet and pair of glove and I would buy it. They wouldnt budge so we got in the truck and drove off. Called honda east and told them I was on my way to pick up the bike. Bob (honda east sales guy) tells me they dont have any ready to go because they was still in the create. After talking with Bob for a few min he ask if he could call me back in 10 min. He called back in 5 and told me a bike would be ready with in 3 hours. Got to honda east bought the bike and got 20% off any thing we bought from there that day. Also not sure if it was an accident or not but they never charged use for a scorpion helmet. I could tell more but Im done typeing.[/QUOTE]

·
Women make me rage - fat, hairy dudes are more my
2,642 Posts
he said that his friend's mom passed away in 07 so he was probably talking about april of 08 so Russ did still work there. If he was a parts guy he may have been filling in as a salesman for a day.

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Re: Support Bright Powersports

Sounds a little fishy as Russ has not worked at Bright Powersports / Detroit Powersports since late sept 2008 your post is from jan 2009 and Russ worked in the parts department. kinda of sounds like a sales plug for honda cheap i mean east. so you work there or one of your friends do.
Really are you that fucking stupid??

First let me make this very clear to you . I dont care if I was the owner of Honda east I would never use my friends mothers death to promote the place.

Lets thing about this. Your 100% correct my post is from Jan 09. If you read my post I said around April is when this happend. April of 09 isnt close yet you dumb ass.

I dont care where Russ worked in the place. All I know is thats what the guy told me his name was on the phone. When you walk in the door and turn to the left he was at the desk at the end of the isle. The guy at the desk next to him to the right was the guy that I ended up dealing with. If you look you will see I live in Coldwater MI. Do a search I about 2 1/4 hour away from there. What do you think I just pulled the name out of a hat.

I DO NOT WORK FOR OR KNOW ANY ONE THAT WORKS FOR HONDA EAST.

I have only been in honda east 1 time.

Since you know so much about bright power sports Im sure if you aked them about it they would remember it. Its not every day that someone walks in there and drops $12000 in cash on the desk and then ends up walking out.

Support what ever dealer you want. I will do business with who give me the best deal. If any other dealer would have beat honda east price that would have been where I went.

Oh and by the way I think the exact day was 3/26/08

I find it funny all your post are in this one thread. Why is that?

·
Registered
1 Posts
PROBABLY THE WORSE DEALERSHIP EVER
4 years ago I purchased a Kawasaki 900
they told me $7500 but after I signed
the papers (sales men have the art of
not showing you the final price)
I found out they added many charges
like assemble, fluids, tune-up ECT.
so the bike finally price was $12000.00

So 3 weeks ago I purchased another bike
I didn't want to but this bike was what I was
looking for and was $1000 cheaper than
anywhere else
Tada the same thing happened they added
a 3 year warranty to the bike for $1000
extra without my consent I asked them to
take it off and the sales man said I had to
have it for the load I called the credit union
they told me I didn't so I proceeded to the manager
which he had it taken off

Now I am still waiting on my license plates 4 weeks later

BEWARE OF THIS DEALER ! ! ! !

·
Registered
13 Posts
I too had a terrible experience. On June 14th I purchased the new 2013 ninja 300 for me and a yamaha vstar custom for my mom. Let's start with my bike.

They didn't do any walk around, added a warranty secretely to the paperwork, did not give me the owners manual, raised the downpayment by $100 last minute (right before I signed) and sent me home with a bike on an empty tank. A month goes by and I never received my plates (after calling them every week to see where it is) and ended up going to the SOS myself to get a plate (luckily they waived all the fee's). Then magically after I go to the SOS they call me and say they have my plate.

Now to the Vstar... When we inspected the vstar the headlight was broken and they promised to fix it and send us a list of repairs since it had just come from auction (ie tuneup, brakes, etc etc). Fast forward 15 days later the headlight falls off because they used GLUE to hold it together just enough to get the sale. Not to mention one of my moms baffles blew out while riding down the road. During the whole ordeal they threw us on hold for 20 minutes at a time when we called as to not deal with us, and acted like they did nothing wrong. I live 45 minutes away from this place and had to drive back down there numerous times to get stuff fixed. They ended up replacing her pipes but she had to pay a portion of it.

They were our bestfriend in order to get the deal closed then as soon as the ink dried they turned into different people. Complete 360. This was my first buying experience motorcycle wise at a dealership, never again. :thumbdown

I bought a K4 1000 second hand and the other bike will sit there in my garage and build my credit.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts