Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bright Powersports of Lincoln Park MI

Heres the story:

About a month ago my bike was involved in a minor accident. Initially I replaced the plastics as it looked cosmetic only but upon getting it put back together I realized the fan was not coming so I take it in there to have it looked at.

Upon inspecting the bike they determine I need a new radiator and fan assembly so I agree to have that done and tell them to order it up. Now lets fast forward to this weekend.

Riding down the road all of a sudden I notice smoke pouring up from my radiator area. Great... I pull over to find the thing leaking all of the coolant out so I call a truck and have it hauled back home. The next day I take it into the shop to have it looked at with a feeling it was some faulty work done, the service manager comes out briefly and determines something must have punctured the face of the radiator and it was not his work. I leave and head home to tear it apart and find the hole.

Get the radiator and fan assembly off and when I take the fan off of the radiator I notice it has been hitting the radiator and when the fan spins, has cut a hole into the radiator itself! There is plastic in the fins of the radiator and it is clear the fan was either over torqued on or somehow was mis-installed and overtime once the bike hits 220 degrees the spinning of the fan began to cut a hole in the radiator. (keep in mind I have 1200 miles on the bike since the repair)

No point in going much further in this story, after presenting them with all of the information and radiator they refuse to help in any way and are actually quite rude about the entire situation.

Where you choose to spend your money is up to you but this place will not stand by their work or accept responsibility for anything and is extremely cocky in the way they do business or refuse to rather.

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
My friend had his bike fixed there and got it back with bolts and clips missing. Plus it didnt run right. Bright told him they wouldnt work on it anymore they fixed it and that was it. He had to have the insurance company call them. They told them if they didnt fix it they would sue them for insurance fraud sence they paid them to fix it. Two of my friends had to fight to get credit for referring people there to buy bikes. Bright said we didnt all use the same salesmen so they wasnt going to pay. They did end up paying. Six of us bought bikes from them five being 07's and one 06' and none of us will go back due to the way we where treated.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its not really big, but its conveinently located for downriver customers, and yes the more and more people i talk to the more people have had bad experiences with them so i don't think they will last much longer if they keep treating customers this way.

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,806 Posts
Call the Better Business Bureau and Suzuki America. That shit ain't right. If you're really ballsy, you can file a claim in small claims court for the bunk initial repair and the new repair.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Call the Better Business Bureau and Suzuki America. That shit ain't right. If you're really ballsy, you can file a claim in small claims court for the bunk initial repair and the new repair.
I've concidered all these options, I'm currently seeing what it will take and if the damaged radiator can be patched/fixed. In either case I do intend on contacting Suzuki America as i have a list of other complains compiled from detroitsportbikes.com about these guys.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
I always ask for the old or damaged parts that are replaced, no matter how small!!!If anybody is going to throw them away it will be me.

Tarmacevo; Unless the old radiator had gunk clogging the passages, it was probably fine, only the temp sensor or fan motor would be bad.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bright Powersports of Lincoln Park MI

Heres the story:

About a month ago my bike was involved in a minor accident. Initially I replaced the plastics as it looked cosmetic only but upon getting it put back together I realized the fan was not coming so I take it in there to have it looked at.

Upon inspecting the bike they determine I need a new radiator and fan assembly so I agree to have that done and tell them to order it up. Now lets fast forward to this weekend.

Riding down the road all of a sudden I notice smoke pouring up from my radiator area. Great... I pull over to find the thing leaking all of the coolant out so I call a truck and have it hauled back home. The next day I take it into the shop to have it looked at with a feeling it was some faulty work done, the service manager comes out briefly and determines something must have punctured the face of the radiator and it was not his work. I leave and head home to tear it apart and find the hole.

Get the radiator and fan assembly off and when I take the fan off of the radiator I notice it has been hitting the radiator and when the fan spins, has cut a hole into the radiator itself! There is plastic in the fins of the radiator and it is clear the fan was either over torqued on or somehow was mis-installed and overtime once the bike hits 220 degrees the spinning of the fan began to cut a hole in the radiator. (keep in mind I have 1200 miles on the bike since the repair)

No point in going much further in this story, after presenting them with all of the information and radiator they refuse to help in any way and are actually quite rude about the entire situation.

Where you choose to spend your money is up to you but this place will not stand by their work or accept responsibility for anything and is extremely cocky in the way they do business or refuse to rather.

that place is great no prob's here

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bright Powersports 313-653-1293

call mike @ bright powersports there doing just fine mike says they just started doing regular loans instead of ballon payments loans. no big deal its better for the customer.
313-653-1293

·
Registered
204 Posts
I know of numerous people, myself included, who will not step foot in that dealership. Its not because of the great salesmen :flipoff . I would rather drive 2 hours out of my way then to go there.

I would recommend going anywhere else.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Re: Bright Powersports 313-653-1293

call mike @ bright powersports there doing just fine mike says they just started doing regular loans instead of ballon payments loans. no big deal its better for the customer.
313-653-1293
Welcome aboard, Bright Powersports! Are you going to become a site sponsor? :biggrin :lol

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Re: Bright Powersports 313-653-1293

313-653-1293
Get off their nuts, Fag. They obviously do shitty work, without honoring any sort of warranty. Places like this should suffer serious money loss. 'Cause that's the only thing they focus on. Getting rich quick, and then getting out. The customer is never a concern.

P.S. To the guy who started this thread. Start doing the work yourself. You can get service manual downloads almost anywhere.

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
That place sucks donky dick. My friends mom passed away in Dec of 07. Around April he got $20000 from his share of her house being sold. My friend would have paid full price just to get a bike. He called all over to try and get a deal and told them he had cash. No one would cut him a deal. I told him to give me a few days and I would get him a better deal. I called almost every dealer from Chicago to detroit. I told them all that I was paying with cash and that I was shopping for the best deal. I had one dealer tell me he wouldnt give me a price over the phone because I would just take that price to another dealer and try and get them to beat his price. I told that dealer he was right so give me a price that will make me stop calling other dealers. When it came to bright I called and the guy was kind of a dick on the phone then he told me to find my best deal and they would beat it. Well a day or two later I found Honda east Toledo. I called and got the best price to that point it was like $10694 out the door. That was with tax and everything. The only other thing would be $15 title tranfer fee once he sent the title in. So what do I do? I called Bright and the guy was once again a dick. If I remember correct his name was Russ. He tells me If I think thats such a good deal then why havent I bought it yet. Long story short (to late for that) Russ tells me if I really have cash that he would beat the price from honda east. I tell him he HAS to beat the price not match the price. I told him I wasnt going to drive the extra 45min for them to only meet the price. Russ assured me they would BEAT the price. I told Russ I would be there in 2 hours to get the bike and I was. I walked in asked for Russ. The first thing he ask is to see the cash. I showed him the cash and the email from honda east to show that I wasnt bull shitting them. After a few min another sales guy tells me to start counting the money. I told him we had settled on a price yet. He tell me yeah we did we are going match there price. I told beat the price or I walk. They already seen the cash so they know I could go else where. They tried to tell me it was illegal for honda east to take the money for taxes. They held to not beating the price so guess what. I walked out. A few sales guys followed trying to get me to buy the bike. I told them give me a good helmet and pair of glove and I would buy it. They wouldnt budge so we got in the truck and drove off. Called honda east and told them I was on my way to pick up the bike. Bob (honda east sales guy) tells me they dont have any ready to go because they was still in the create. After talking with Bob for a few min he ask if he could call me back in 10 min. He called back in 5 and told me a bike would be ready with in 3 hours. Got to honda east bought the bike and got 20% off any thing we bought from there that day. Also not sure if it was an accident or not but they never charged use for a scorpion helmet. So F**k Bright powersports. I could tell more but Im done typeing.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts