Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

121 - 140 of 150 Posts

·
The Husbeast
1,318 Posts
Thanks for the writeup:punk, I did it the other day to my trackbike and it works like a charm. I added a switch under the seat to act like an ignition in case someone messes with the kill switch or it accidently gets turned on while loading and kills the battery. I also made a drawing, it's as simple as I could make it with all the info required. Thanks again :thumbup

Okay, for those who wanna know.

Start by getting the ignition and right side controls unpluged. On the ignition plug you will have a red, orange, orange w/ yellow tracer, brown, and a grey wire. Now I can't remember all the colors on the right side controls plug, but the only ones that you will be using is orange w/ black tracer and orange w/ white tracer.

After they are unplugged, cut the the ignition harness about 4-5" from the plug. Then cut back the loom on the RS controls harness, find the O/B and O/W wires and cut them about 3" from the plug.

Ok connect R wire from ignition to O/B of RS controls harness(do not use the other half of the O/B wire that goes in to the main harness!! I repeat do not use!!). Then connect O from ignition to O/W from RS controls. Then connect one side of the 100 ohm resistor to the O and O/W connection. Then you have to connect the other half of the O/W back with the the O, O/W, and the resistor connection. If you don't the fuel pump won't kick on!! Then connect the O/Y from the ignition to the other side of the resistor.

The grey and brown wires in the ignition harness are for tail lights/parking lights and front brake switch. I just eliminated them, but you can do as you please.

Hope this helps someone. I couldn't get any help from KWS or Marietta, but I don't blame them. They had good reasons for not helping. I just used a wiring schematic, and took the switch apart and studied it.

·
The Husbeast
1,318 Posts
Bike starts and runs but I have no gauge cluster. this happens with two different wiring harness(Main Harness) and the headlight harness and Gauge cluster work properly on a buddies 750 but not on mine did I do something wrong? going to the track tomorrow and would like to have my cluster working. I followed the instructions. would a wrong resistor cause this?
It may seem too simple but check your fuses, the one for your signals also powers the clocks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to resurrect and old thread - I have looked through various post but cannot find what I need. We have a 600 K7 and the wire out puts do not contain the O/Y.

we have one 4 Block from the Ignition - Red/Orange/Grey/Brown and one (that the wiring says in the immobiliser) 4 block - Yellow, Black, Green and Red.

More than happy to scan the diagram..... there was two in the manual and one diagram had the O/Y the other didn't and out bike doesn't.

Thank you

·
The Husbeast
1,318 Posts
I'm not really sure if you can do it to a bike with an imobilizer. Mine is a Canadian model, no imobilizer. You might be able to trick the ecu with a resistor? I'm looking at the digram right now and will try to help.

·
The Husbeast
1,318 Posts
I'm not seeing anything promising within my knowledge. Sorry. The Geek might be able to help you though.

·
The Husbeast
1,318 Posts
...but I did notice that the Euro diagram there is a Brown/Yellow wire going into the ECU at the same point where the Orange/Yellow goes in on the NA model. The Br/Y comes from the speedometer. Not sure if that is helpful or not.

·
Premium Member
3,486 Posts
I have a K1 street/track bike with K8 1000 US electronics. I did the keyless ignition, but how should I connect the rest of the ign wires so that lights work? Do I just connect O/G and Br wires? I'll use my rh switch's light switch as an on/off switch.

edit.

Connecting O&W/Y (RH connector) powers the lights.

·
The Husbeast
1,318 Posts
I guess all you would have to do is make sure the fuse for your lights is getting 12v and that feed is controled by your kill switch. I don't have the diagram in front of me right now but it should be easy enough to figure out. Sounds like a cool project.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Re: keyless ignition

Okay, for those who wanna know.

Start by getting the ignition and right side controls unpluged. On the ignition plug you will have a red, orange, orange w/ yellow tracer, brown, and a grey wire. Now I can't remember all the colors on the right side controls plug, but the only ones that you will be using is orange w/ black tracer and orange w/ white tracer.

After they are unplugged, cut the the ignition harness about 4-5" from the plug. Then cut back the loom on the RS controls harness, find the O/B and O/W wires and cut them about 3" from the plug.

Ok connect R wire from ignition to O/B of RS controls harness(do not use the other half of the O/B wire that goes in to the main harness!! I repeat do not use!!). Then connect O from ignition to O/W from RS controls. Then connect one side of the 100 ohm resistor to the O and O/W connection. Then you have to connect the other half of the O/W back with the the O, O/W, and the resistor connection. If you don't the fuel pump won't kick on!! Then connect the O/Y from the ignition to the other side of the resistor.

The grey and brown wires in the ignition harness are for tail lights/parking lights and front brake switch. I just eliminated them, but you can do as you please.

Hope this helps someone. I couldn't get any help from KWS or Marietta, but I don't blame them. They had good reasons for not helping. I just used a wiring schematic, and took the switch apart and studied it.
Hi,
what's the meaning of "RS controls"?
Thanks!

·
BoredzWhore
3,508 Posts
It looks like it, but then again, the quailty is kinda shitty, and some of those wires are overlapping.

Assuming that it came off of the right hand side controls, and the ignition, you should be in the right area. Also assuming you have to ask if it's the right area, you probably shouldn't be doing this.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the writeup:punk, I did it the other day to my trackbike and it works like a charm. I added a switch under the seat to act like an ignition in case someone messes with the kill switch or it accidently gets turned on while loading and kills the battery. I also made a drawing, it's as simple as I could make it with all the info required. Thanks again :thumbup

Hi,

What is the purpose of the optional hidden switch?
Thanks

121 - 140 of 150 Posts
About this Discussion
149 Replies
63 Participants
Bsteward
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing