Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

101 - 120 of 150 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
Huh, I bought my SRAD with ignition key delete already performed. Funny thing is theres a switch up front to turn on ignition but the actual ignition barrel has been zip-tied to frame under fuel tank? How difficult would it be to remove the ignition barrel completely from the bike and maintain the current on/off switch?

·
Not the powers that be, not even close.
23,087 Posts
Question....What watt resistor is to be used???
i had to buy a 50 pack of 100ohm 5% tolerance 5 watt resistors to get the one i needed. i doubt i will need the other 49 resistors i have, so if anyone wants one i can send them out usps in a regular envelope to you :cheers

·
I am a tater tot; young, not stout. Here is my bab
11,321 Posts
Umm slap me silly and call me susan but, where do you all live that you can have a bike with a keyless ignition and not worry about it being stolen?
ya i was thinking the same lol. Would be cool for like a track bike.
I have heard of people putting a hidden "secret" kill switch somewhere on the bike, so maybe that would work for this?
I also like being able to lock the wheel turned.

·
Ditchard the High Maintenance Squirrel
60,366 Posts
Umm slap me silly and call me susan but, where do you all live that you can have a bike with a keyless ignition and not worry about it being stolen?
I have a key for my street bikes. All my race bikes are keyless ignition.

·
Registered
116 Posts
hi guys sorry to dig a thread thats ended, but im about to do the keyless to my k7 750 as im turning into a trackbike. the only question is apparently the australian models have an immobiliser with a code in the key.... yet my key looks like it wouldnt have a code or anyhting to hold a code inside they key loooks identical to other countries keys.

would this writeup here work on mine with the 100ohm resistor?

cheers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
what if you have no controls when i got this motor the wiring was a nest. both plugs are gone. my problem is i cant get the starter to work with any cobination i do. any help would be great.

i have the O and OWhooked to res. the other leg of res. OY
othe O going to switch to R
OB is cut with switch

the sire dag. has OY as starter and i have 3.5 volts at OY
What about WY?
what am i missing

crappy pic on the wireing
that is what im building for next winter

everything works except the starter it even runs if i jump the power to the starter motor
06 gsxr 750 motor and wiring

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
I removed mine today :punk

Okay, I may be as dumb as a bag of hammers, but this image of the ignition switch with two plugs is totally wrong!
It should be the kill switch loom with the two plugs on it, correct? This is doin my head in! Lots of top triples with holes in them are not really helpfull or informative, show me a picture of the finished article! Thanks!
Al

·
Registered
11 Posts
I appreciate how clear this write up is. and my track bike thanks you for making it less disastrous if if I forget my key.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bike starts and runs but I have no gauge cluster. this happens with two different wiring harness(Main Harness) and the headlight harness and Gauge cluster work properly on a buddies 750 but not on mine did I do something wrong? going to the track tomorrow and would like to have my cluster working. I followed the instructions. would a wrong resistor cause this?

101 - 120 of 150 Posts