Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Yeah I totally agree but I guess I fell for the marketing hype. The study performed by a credible a university highlighted the polyester filter media used was weaved at a much tighter density compared to the cotton filter types. However. I think this is more of a sealing issue around the filter’s edges due to the poor job Sprint did on its moldings. If you look around on other forums you’ll see other users having similar issues with sealing. The MWR filter you’re using I’m sure is advertised as a race filter and I’m willing to bet it doesn’t let this much junk into your air box? I’m also very familiar with oil type air filters as I’ve used the foam types for years on my motocross bikes with out any issue.

That study by the University of Wales (" Air Filter Element Flow Analysis ") did ZERO!!!!!!...... Filtration Analysis only air flow rate analysis.

As quoted from the papers investigation conclusions " However none of these tests included any filtration analysis "

Also in Sprint Filters OWN sales brochure it states on its claimed 93.13% Filtration Efficiency and I quote " It is to be pointed out that tests have been carried out using water instead of air " ... WTF!!!

It's Primary Function is to filter AIR not WATER...... and it's primary sales pitch claims of 93.13% filtration efficiency was carried out filtering water. What a Joke...

They haven't done a proper air filtration test as the OEM paper air filter manufactures get tested by, as they are very expensive, and it would fail miserably on fine dust, which paper filters excel at.

Brocks tested the Sprint Filter when the 2017 was first released with his hundreds of dynos, and it made 2/5th's of fark all difference in power increase. All it does is make your wallet alot lighter.

I'd chuck that Sprint Filter... In Da Bin......

You can't beat the OEM paper filter for filtration efficiency bar none.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I'm experiencing the same thing with my 2022 gsxr1000r. I can see the same amount of dust in the airbox. I'm gonna cut my losses and go back to stock. I live in Az and dust is obviously super common. Anyone wanna buy my sprint p08 185? Lol

This once again confirms... the only good place for a Sprint Air Filter is...... In Da Bin......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts