Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, wondering if anybody is riding with a right arm paralysis. I currently ride a GSXR 1000 K5 with left arm only .Modified my front brake on the left side with clutch .But grabbing the one lever higher than the other is an issue .Looking for a better alternative

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
How do you turn the throttle?:dunno

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,376 Posts
@OAB

I've seen a few different ideas. Thumb throttle, with the front brake lever on the right half of the grip and clutch on the left half of the grip. The clutch lever was custom so it bowed out around the shorty brake lever. Two fingers on each and both at the same lateral postion. This was on a Honda cruiser, but was pretty slick.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Left side forward , different but been doing it for about 18 years.Good security measure as the individual that tries to steel it could see his but

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,744 Posts
@dylanr1 Right foot operated clutch either in front of the rear brake or heel operated.
That's a possibility but unless you're into performance / track riding, I'd just forego the rear brake altogether.

Too bad the K5/6 clutch isn't hydraulic... might make the conversion simpler using the current rear master cylinder's hydraulic pressure.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,580 Posts
Just brainstorming here. It would take some intelligent design/fabrication but I'd think that a clutch that's actuated by a switch instead of a lever would be possible and ought to simplify the controls. You'd go from two levers to a single lever plus a pushbutton. You'd need a source of compressed air, a pneumatic cylinder, and a solenoid.

·
Banned
3,858 Posts
Just brainstorming here. It would take some intelligent design/fabrication but I'd think that a clutch that's actuated by a switch instead of a lever would be possible and ought to simplify the controls. You'd go from two levers to a single lever plus a pushbutton. You'd need a source of compressed air, a pneumatic cylinder, and a solenoid.
Take off would need a graduated release.

·
Super Moderator
14,942 Posts
We must have some engineers on this forum that could help. I'm certainly not one of them. :dunno

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,101 Posts
Perhaps something similar to what some scooters have could be possible, where the gear leaver also engages the clutch before effecting the change at the end of its stroke.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
8 Participants
dpapavas
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing