Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the large (komiefornia) style gas tank and was wondering how to get it off. also, once it is off, can i just put teh small (dime size) valve in its place? im talking about the one on the top of the tank, where the breather hose slips on. like the pic fast cat put in on the other similar question. thx all.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Originally posted by oldskool86:
i have the large (komiefornia) style gas tank and was wondering how to get it off. also, once it is off, can i just put teh small (dime size) valve in its place? im talking about the one on the top of the tank, where the breather hose slips on. like the pic fast cat put in on the other similar question. thx all.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I've never actually seen the komiefornia (that's funny, mind if I borrow it?) valve, but it's my understanding that it's just bigger because there's a check-valve in there that prevents liquid from coming out but lets air in (like it's supposed to do). I don't think you can change it because the threaded hole in the tank is too big for the non-CA version to fit... I *suppose* you could add an adapter, but why? A lotta racebikes have check-valves fitted in the vent-tubes and you don't hafta do that with the check-valve already in the fitting. Hell, if your tank is in good shape, and matches the `89 blue/white color scheme, I'd consider trading ya even for my 49-state version.

my 0.02

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the guy i bought the bike from from was tweeker (hope i didnt insult anyone with that comment, oh well). he attemptedt op chrome most of the bike. well he did a shitty job and it was peeling everywhere, including the part in question. so i dont know what to do now to address the problem???????????????????? thx fast cat. it s good to see some gals involved in this sport!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts