Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Along with my K8 600 I also have a Suzuki KingQuad 750. They both have the same oil requirements and specs according to the owners manuals. They both the same oil filters too. So to make things easy, I was just going to stock up on Mobil1 4T oil for the bike and quad. Anyone ever use synthetic in their quad?

I am curious what differances, if any, there are between motorcycle and ATV oil. Suzuki makes both, but looking at the specs on the website, they look identicle. Other manufacturers also make ATV oil such as AMSOIL. Just wasnt sure what the differances might be.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I asked the dealer over the weekend, they didnt even know they offered two differant types of oil. I am wondering if there is much of any difference. All I know is that I like to treat my engines right and like to buy the best.

·
Registered
53 Posts
There is very little difference between the two. If anything an oil "designed for use" in a quad may have some additives that may help emulsify the water better when the quad is drowned. (4x4 muddding ect..) BTW I am the distributor for ELF Lucricants for Texas and have been in the lubricants business for 15+ years. I will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have regarding oils.

·
Constantly in trouble now
16,403 Posts
I don't know the differences, but I'm skeptical at best!

;)

--Wag--

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya, am going to send an email to Suzuki to see what the difference is, they offer both.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I use M1 4T 10w40 in my 06 suzuki ltr 450. The only thing I know about ATV oil is you shouldn't use energy conserving oils.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts