Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suzuki is the only manufactuer that I've seen offer a bike betwen the 600cc and liter bikes? Why is that?

What are the pros and cons of the 750 vs the 600?

Is the 750 the best of both worlds or what?

Why do they still sell this middle bike?

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
Because it's a good compromise and a great bike. The reason the others don't produce a 750 is that the Superbike regulations changed. Before it was 1000cc 2-cylinder or 750cc 4-cylinder bikes (and 900 triples, I think). Then they changed to 1000cc for all (although with some restrictions on the fours) and then it wasn't necessary to have a 750 in the lineup. Suzuki just kept theirs because it sells and maybe because of traditions as well.

MV Agusta still makes a 750 too, BTW

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
And Ducati (V twin though). I highly doubt that Suzuki will dicontinue the GSX-R750 though-it's where it all began for GSX-R line and has been going strong ever since, even though that race class is gone...for now. Who know's? we may see it appear again-but highly doubtful. Suzuki just makes the best 750, has since they unveiled it in 1986 and hasn't really had an equal competitor since.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
The main reason Suzuki makes the 750 is because it was the original GSX-R.

It's basically a 600 on steroids. It has more power than the 600, but the power delivery and engine charactaristics are closer to a 600 than 1k. It is an awesome bike.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The main reason Suzuki makes the 750 is because it was the original GSX-R.

It's basically a 600 on steroids. It has more power than the 600, but the power delivery and engine charactaristics are closer to a 600 than 1k. It is an awesome bike.
Nail on the head!

·
Registered
538 Posts
It's basically a 600 on steroids.
maybe the last few years, but IMO this generation is more like a lightweight 1k

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
eh??
its a 600 with a little more balls

its no where near a 1k
105hp to 125hp to 160hp
diff of 20hp and diff of 35hp

thats just hp #'s too. Its a 600 with a little longer pull and a little more of it. You won't run out of top end as much. I was worried i'd be out of control on a bigger bike, but its the same thing. just gotta watch the throttle a little more when your down low.

·
Registered
538 Posts
once again IMHO... from my experience thru my butt dyno on my previous 600k2 and buddies 031k..

sorry...didn't mean to touch the k5 1000

·
Registered
130 Posts
It's more fun to ride. It will teach you to be faster when your riding against faster machinery( 1000's).
The same fun when trying to chase 600's with an sv650.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
deejay - oh i know it just still seems weird because even that year 1k is in the 150's with hp.
I had a 2002 600, it's about the same throttle control between these two bikes but the 600 had -1 +2, and the 750 has -1. but i'm not shifting near as much.

·
Registered
538 Posts
well for the third time it is MY OPINION.... besides, i ain't no hardcore racer like you

i don't get to dynamically emphasize bikes on a track

anyways, bottom line:

i admire you racers and wish i could do it., and sorry for my
knowedge..

cheers

...fucker... lol

·
Registered
343 Posts
BTW The 750 races in Heavyweight SuperStock and SuperBike in CCS and WERA. It is the bike of preference in Formula 40 as well. You can sucessfully compete with a GSXR 750 in HWSS, HWSB, UnlimitedSS and UnlimitedSB. IT is also a good bike for GTO and umlimited GP. If you are over 40 that's 7 classes.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
I know its proves its self over and over again. No, I'm no AMA racer either. But the 750 proves it self because with a tight track you can only do so much before you break loose or wheelie. Thats whre the 1k losses it. So thats how the 750 steps up and fills the gap by having the proper balance of power. Of coarse if your racing on a track of straightaways and sweepers - then a 1k can carry higher speeds of coarse.

Deejay - i was never trying to piss you off - i didn't mean to come across that way if I did. I know you were just stating an opinion. As mine is only an opinion

sorry

·
Registered
265 Posts
My roomate has an '04 600 and I have the '04 750. My other friend has an '03 1000. When we hit the canyons, neither can keep up. Nick (1000 owner) pulls on me but not by much. From a dead stop he is only a bike or 2 ahead of me by 120. My brakes are better then both the 1000 and the 600 also. All the bikes are great. The 600 is a great handling bike, the 1000 is mega strong, the 750 is a great blend of all of the above. except for that stupid laggy throttle off idle.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I know its proves its self over and over again. No, I'm no AMA racer either. But the 750 proves it self because with a tight track you can only do so much before you break loose or wheelie. Thats whre the 1k losses it. So thats how the 750 steps up and fills the gap by having the proper balance of power. Of coarse if your racing on a track of straightaways and sweepers - then a 1k can carry higher speeds of coarse.

Deejay - i was never trying to piss you off - i didn't mean to come across that way if I did. I know you were just stating an opinion. As mine is only an opinion

sorry
it's all good...just giving you shit

1 - 16 of 16 Posts