Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a difference between a 600 and 750 rear shock for the first gen SRAD?
i remember reading somewhere that sv650 owners will use a 750 rear shock, but why not a 600?
im also looking for a shock due to damaging my upper mount, so i dont know what i need to shop for.
thanks
joey

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
I have a stock one from a '98 750 - how about $20 plus shipping ?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fraggle, that sounds like a deal provided it does include the upper mount, the upside-down "Y" piece with the threads on top for the 27mm nut.

hopefully you do paypal?
thanks much
joey

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fraggle, that sounds like a deal provided it does include the upper mount, the upside-down "Y" piece with the threads on top for the 27mm nut, and obviously the nut as well.

hopefully you do paypal?
thanks much
joey

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
whoa musta hit enter somewhere in there huh, didnt even notice. sorry
ehh its good for the post count huh?

[ 08-07-2002, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: Gix and the City ]

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
I am not sure what you mean - this is the shock.....

[ 08-08-2002, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: fraggle ]

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
That is a good price..I sold my ol 600 stock shock for 35.00, and have seen em for as much as 50.00..
And no Fraggle, ya don't have the top bracket on your shock..you have it on your bike...

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea it is isnt it hammer, but really the only item i am in need of is the upper mounting peice that bolts to the frame, but nobody ever sells that, so im just looking for the whole shock. Because i managed to somehow nick the threads i guess when i pulled it off to add a couple washers to raise the rear and then i put the bolt on and it starting crossing, i dont think its worth it to try and rethread it.

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Originally posted by Gix and the City:
yea it is isnt it hammer, but really the only item i am in need of is the upper mounting peice that bolts to the frame, but nobody ever sells that, so im just looking for the whole shock. Because i managed to somehow nick the threads i guess when i pulled it off to add a couple washers to raise the rear and then i put the bolt on and it starting crossing, i dont think its worth it to try and rethread it.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If you haven't found that part yet, try www.jcmotors.com they are here in cali..they sell used parts..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts