Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm yanking the 01 motor out of my 2001 GSXR 750 and dropping an 03 in there... It should bolt right up, correct since they didn't do a major revamp until 04. Will the wiring harness and all that still work or will I need to get an 03 harness also?

Can anyone withj knowledge in this let me know what all the differences are between the two and if I should expect any issues in the swap. Thanks!

·
Registered
179 Posts
the throttle bodies are different.. the 03 has an automatic choke.... i did the same thing... put the 01 throtle bodies in the 03 engin and keep the choke cable.. the 03 dont have a choke cable so if you put the 03 tb on your bike would not idle correct or for that face even run cause the computer is different and the wire harness is dfferent.. so just do this THIS IS HOW I DID IT take the 03 engin put it in... take the 01 throttle bodies put it on the 03 engin and plug it all right up and hok up the choke cable to the throttle bodie.. hope this helps.. i have pics fo the whole swap too... hope this helps.. and remember i am speaking from experience I JUST DID THE SWAP EXACTLY LIKE YOU!!!

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the throttle bodies are different.. the 03 has an automatic choke.... i did the same thing... put the 01 throtle bodies in the 03 engin and keep the choke cable.. the 03 dont have a choke cable so if you put the 03 tb on your bike would not idle correct or for that face even run cause the computer is different and the wire harness is dfferent.. so just do this THIS IS HOW I DID IT take the 03 engin put it in... take the 01 throttle bodies put it on the 03 engin and plug it all right up and hok up the choke cable to the throttle bodie.. hope this helps.. i have pics fo the whole swap too... hope this helps.. and remember i am speaking from experience I JUST DID THE SWAP EXACTLY LIKE YOU!!!
Man that is exactly what I wanted to hear too... Thanks!

The engine I got was just a straight engine... no TB's or wiring... But it was only $500 and has about 4500 miles on it.

Thanks again for the info!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.