Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn\'t ever want to post this, but....

I need to know where to get these parts cause I was a dumbass last night and when I jumped off my nice clean 05 750 (blue black) to open up my garage door, thinking I had put the kickstand all the way down....well yeah I hadn't and the bitch feel right on me. Man am I pissed. I need a brake lever, some good flushmounts, I scuffed up my fairing alittle, and the engine piece that sticks out that circular hole in the left fairing (dont' know what that's called) Let me know what are some good products to buy. Thinkign about getting gold blutch and brake levers....you guys think those would look good? Anyone know of good ones to get. Thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
Re: Didn\'t ever want to post this, but....

damn.. be more careful..
the black piece that sticks out on the left side is called a magneto cover or stator cover, your gonna also need to get a gasket for it if u going to replace it, relatively cheap the cover itself cost less than 100 bucks

·
Registered
670 Posts

Well, i had the same results when my bike fell on its left side. The black cover is called a stator cover. You can do a search on ebay and find it for around 90 bucks (brand new). The clutch pedal can also be bought on ebay for around 59.00 bucks for the OEM one. They have after market ones too for 40 bucks. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
670 Posts

And please get sliders. It probably wont protect your stator cover or clutch pedal from messing up but it can sure protect your fairing and signals.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts

actually from a normal drop and even medium crash vortex frame sliders will do wonders. the weak stock stator cover is just that, weak. But i slid down the track for a little ways and while it had road rash on the stator cover it never busted through. the fame slider did its job beautifully.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts

Sliders sliders sliders.........

·
Registered
38 Posts

I wouldn't bother going out and wastin 100bucks on a new stator cover. Take a black permanent marker a carefully fill in the scratches on your stator cover. believe me, unless someone is on their hands and knees inspecting your bike they'll never be able to tell there are scratches. that is of course if they are just minor scratches! Take the hundred bucks and get some sliders. good luck!

·
Banned
15,031 Posts

wasteing? sorry but since a small hole in the stator cover means oil everywhere and busted ride, I think i'll go ahead and "waste" the $100 on something that I know will hold up from a small wreck all the way to a large one.

·
Registered
210 Posts

Drpped mine a week back and the Vortex Slider saved my ass. I am happy I put them on and would not have done it any other way, it was one of my first mods. I had put them on about two weeks earlier. I was soo happy!!!

·
Registered
337 Posts

That's the 3rd time I have heard a bike falling over from the kickstand not all the way down !
That sucks !
Everytime I put mine down that same thought runs through my head, so I always back it up... (not reverse)

kinda like....... Im ready to catch you if you fall !

Then I double check the stand and the stability.

I know that sounds crazy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts