Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that if you mount fog light in the ram air duct for the srad's that we will loose any significant power? i think its a nice hiding spot tucked away in there but how bad will it effect performance? i just got my bike back from being re jetted and i hate to fuck that up
Thanks
Ron

[ 01-19-2003, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: RoadRash ]

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
One of my buddies put lights in the tubes on his 96 750. It ran like crap. He tried removing one of the lights, but it still ran like crap. Some people have done it and claimed that there was no power loss. I dunno....

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
from what i've read in publications over the years, the air intakes properly sealed will add about 5bhp at 150mph - though the dyno guys will be able to clarify this properly.

since the smash, my air intakes are still skattered accross the nottingham countryside but there really is no ill effects from not running them that i can notice. though stuffing the holes up won't do the air flow any favours.

·
Registered
328 Posts
interesting, very interesting

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hmmm, Hmmm..SRAD...Suzuki Ram-Air Direct..Hmm..
Dude, don't be sticking anything up in your air-ducts. So yes Roadrash..it is decided, that it is just plain dumb. I mean, not that you have to be a mechanic to understand the concept of ram-air..but well..those air-ducts, feed into the air-box which resides above the carburators. Last time I checked, gasoline and...that's right air...burn to make the explosion that drives the pistons. If one were to block that airbox, they would literally be starving the engine of oxygen. Good-luck burning pure gas...and it doesn't help that bikes' exhaust are on a angle, becuase when there isint' enough air, in the mix, raw, unburned gas, goes right through the system. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't really want un-burned gas pooling in the U of my can. Heh..so yeah, to recap..BAD IDEA!
As for Dan..man, I don't know about that whole [email protected] thing, but even without your air-ducts, so-long as there is an open passage for which air can get into your airbox, there really shouldn't be a problem, performance-wise that is. Unless of course, you take it to the track, and try to pin it...Then you might see some. Anywho...Hope that clears everything up for everyone.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Originally posted by Crazy_monkey:
Hmmm, Hmmm..SRAD...Suzuki Ram-Air Direct..Hmm..
Dude, don't be sticking anything up in your air-ducts. So yes Roadrash..it is decided, that it is just plain dumb. I mean, not that you have to be a mechanic to understand the concept of ram-air..but well..those air-ducts, feed into the air-box which resides above the carburators. Last time I checked, gasoline and...that's right air...burn to make the explosion that drives the pistons. If one were to block that airbox, they would literally be starving the engine of oxygen. Good-luck burning pure gas...and it doesn't help that bikes' exhaust are on a angle, becuase when there isint' enough air, in the mix, raw, unburned gas, goes right through the system. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't really want un-burned gas pooling in the U of my can. Heh..so yeah, to recap..BAD IDEA!
As for Dan..man, I don't know about that whole [email protected] thing, but even without your air-ducts, so-long as there is an open passage for which air can get into your airbox, there really shouldn't be a problem, performance-wise that is. Unless of course, you take it to the track, and try to pin it...Then you might see some. Anywho...Hope that clears everything up for everyone.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">no infact it dosn't

i dont think he was blocking the intakes up entirely, the stroble light he's thinking of using are problerly very small.

the mixture doen't explode, it burns controllably.

other than that, what's your point ??? or are you gonna tell stuff again that we all new when we were 12 years old

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Tempted to move this to the Squid Farm

Small lights in your intake will probably not do much noticable harm, but blocking an intake off entirely would (obviously)

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by NotoriousREV:
Tempted to move this to the Squid Farm

Small lights in your intake will probably not do much noticable harm, but blocking an intake off entirely would (obviously)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">hey rev now if my neons post didnt get moved no reason to move this one
anyways thanks for the clear up guys id rather not take the chance, i could see me doing a wheelie jarring one loose and it falling in my air box

1 - 9 of 9 Posts