Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just renewed my bike today. The renewal fee (registration) was $105!!!!!! And I checked when I first purchased the bike, the license fee was $110. Great, $5 discount! WOOHOO!

It's ok, just got my new Arai RX7 helmet, so I'll still pay the damn fee to enjoy riding!

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
When you deal with the government you just bend over and apply lube.........

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
When you deal with the government you just bend over and apply lube.........

·
Registered
34,392 Posts
Just be glad you don't live in KY. They have to pay 1-3% of vehicle value each year for their registration renewal.

That is bend over and and WAM!!!! with foot up to the knee, before you can apply lube.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I live in KY and my '04 600 is going to cost me $92 for the sticker this year. It's bad, but not as bad as my truck ($257) I think it's BS but what can you do.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I just paid $214.10 for another year.
Mind you ours is for vehicle registration and compulsory third party injury insurance, you have to get separate cover over there don't you?

Get this I had to pay $14.50 to put my custom plate on to my new bike and $18 to swap the standard plate back to the old bike, and this was for them to do a couple of keystrokes while I'm the one who swaps the plates.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Mind you ours is for vehicle registration and compulsory third party injury insurance, you have to get separate cover over there don't you?

Get this I had to pay $14.50 to put my custom plate on to my new bike and $18 to swap the standard plate back to the old bike, and this was for them to do a couple of keystrokes while I'm the one who swaps the plates.
now thats a shitty deal

·
Registered
1,255 Posts

We aren't required to have injury insurance in the US, but most (if not all) states require you to have at least liability insurance before you can get plates. Injuries to ourselves are usually covered by whatever personal health insurance we have.

·
Registered
545 Posts
105$ this is a joke!
In quebec we pay 325 CAD(about 250US depending on the exchange rate)
And they still what to raise it! (bastard)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts