Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
17,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone shoot one of these?
Just bought this Dickinson XX3D 12 gauge pump online.
It's a Mossberg 500 clone, for near half the price, it was on sale for $220, normally lists for $273.
There were a few positive reviews online, so I figured what the hell.

I've got an old 500 in the safe, I'll have to dust it off and take both out to the range.
I'll throw a few slugs down them to see how they compare..:punk

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
I've not heard of it. I know the maverick 88 is a Remington 870 clone. I would assume this would be on par of that in terms of quality. I know guys who have the mav88 and have no complaints, but the gun snobs swear up and down the quality is not on par with the Remington. Both the metalurgy and craftsmanship of the maverick 88 is sub par.

That's a pretty shotgun tho for the cash.

Me personally, I'd prefer to purchase a good condition used 500/870 price over an "off brand" clone for the same price.

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
I’ve never heard of them either, but it looks nice for that price. I used to own a Mav88, they’re actually a 500 clone. Mossberg owns Maverick
Good catch. You're right. I mixed a couple thoughts into one sentence. I actually have the mossberg 500. I found a really nice one used for $200.00 out the door. I took it all apart, gave it a thorough cleaning and was happy to see there was very little wear on the internals. I was thinking about the 870 when i typed that first post for whatever reason. My mistake. I've actually shot the 88 since I've owned the 500 and it seemed like a stand up shotgun. I've seen them get bashed pretty hard in some gun forums though.

I have the 24in Rifled barrel, 24 in accu choke, and 18.5 smooth bore. I like the idea of it being versatile. I bought it with black polymer furniture and a rifled barrel, then spruced it up a little bit and bought the other barrels. I kept all the original furniture in a box in my range bag though. It was too nice to just throw away. lol

Attachments

·
17,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I had this out at the range yesterday & I have to say I'm pretty impressed with it.
I put about 100 rds thru it using 00, slugs & birdshit and every single round cycled thru w/o any issues.
It holds 2 3/4" & 3 shells like most shotguns, this holds 6. (5+1)
It comes with a 20" barrel, but the same model with a black finish offers an 18". I preferred the marine
finish so I'll probably cut it and rethread the muzzle brake myself.

You can see from the pics it comes with:
- Picatinny rail with ghost ring rear sight and front post sight.
- Tactical pistol grip stock with shell holder.
- Ventilated hand guard.
- Ghost ring sights.

I did add the sling that holds 15 rds, I like that one because it folds up for storage & can be easily opened for when the poopy hits the fan.
If you're looking for well made, home defense shotgun I would highly recommend this one for just over $200...:cheers

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts