Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These damn clutches are a pain. I bought new plates as the old ones were slipping at full power only to find that the damn case needs a 50mm yes 50mm socket to remove it.
What a nightmare, prices over here were between £42 and £64 just for a socket !!! Arrghhhhhhhh

However I was saved this evening after finding a company that were changing brands from Draper to Teng and so were selling their old stock and due to their stupidity or was it kindness I got the biggest socker ever and a converter to 1/2" drive from 3/4" for the sum of ....................£5.99.

There is a god, it must be my lucky day !!!

Andy

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Heres a picture of a typical clutch plate that have just taken out...........wear wasn't the main problem it looks more like age !!!!

and look at the difference between a 13mm socket and this 50mm monster !!

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
Where has all the fiber gone.....
Bones

·
Registered
159 Posts
The fiber would be floating around in your oil
lodging in al the little crevice just waiting for
you to go on a track day, when it will dislodge
and cause your motor to shred itself.

Adrock.

[ 06-10-2002, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: Adrock ]

·
Registered
72 Posts
Save yourself a big headache, and a big repair bill: Take the oil pan off and clean it and the pickup screen. When the fibers become unbonded like that, they get sucked into the pickup, and the oil pump can't get enough oil to keep the engine alive.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Where did you order your plates from and how much did you pay for them if you don't mind sharing?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will take the pan off I reckon to clean up any remaining rubbish. However, most of the pieces came of whole by the look of it and seemed to just fall off the damn plates. There was a hell of a lot of pieces, I was sad enough to count approximately 80 in the basket as they can't get out unless they break up real small.

What a pain in the arse !

I am in the UK and got the new plates from www.demon-tweeks.co.uk and they were EBC heavy duty at £56.64

Andy

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by flyinphill:
Save yourself a big headache, and a big repair bill: Take the oil pan off and clean it and the pickup screen. When the fibers become unbonded like that, they get sucked into the pickup, and the oil pump can't get enough oil to keep the engine alive.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">DONE !

and all is well, there wasn't too much in there but it's all nice and shiny with no rubbish now !

Been out for a run tonight and all is well....................well except the bloody rev limiter which kicked in in top gear !!! gulp..........whellies are good once again even if they are a bit voilent in first

Andy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts