Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I romp on the gas, my bike either stalls out or bogs down a lot. Does anyone know what is going on with it?

·
Registered
308 Posts
welcome to the board.

Look at my thread 'bad running' on page 2 of this forum. I have the same problem

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well mine will hit WOT without bogging but ONLY if I accelerate smoothly without any quick jerks of the throttle. So I haven't been able to get a wheelie out of this thing. My first guess is that that Carb needs to be cleaned. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
That sounds like it could be a jetting issue. You need to get the carbs dialed in better and that should be a big help.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Iam assuming its a stock cdn 86 if so it will have the stock airbox and 29mm flatslides. It will probably need to be re jetted for the altitude in calgary, go to champion ra8hc plugs, the stock plugs are too cold a heat range for our climate, fine if you are in california and ngk etc do not make hot enough heat ranges in the right style plugs, 15/50 mobil1 car synthetic oil walmart or crappy tire, synch the carbs with the outer two cylnders pulling 2" more vacuum then the middle two and richen up the pilot circuit mines at about 11/2 turns out, and the needle is 1 clip leaner, and lastly plus 3 on the rear sprocket and you too will not have the flat spot at 5k. Also check the stock ignition there are resisters hidding in the sparkplug boots and they are notorious for bad coils, also an ignition advancer is a nice addition. doug

·
Registered
434 Posts
also they are very sensitive to float level if you are doing the carbs I can give some more tips for setup, also premium gas and no gasahol ie mohawk etc.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stock airbox is gone. The guy I bought it off of replaced them with the 4 individual K&N filters. Thanks for all the info.

·
Registered
434 Posts
with the stock airbox gone you will need a rejet if it has not already been done and that means the PILOT JETS as well as the mains especially if this bike has an aftermarket exhaust. when the carbs are synched use the same setup as previous post.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts