Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide which one to get for better grips while riding the street. A buddy has the supercorser which he says is better but he's knee down anyways so i guess he can vouch for it. i guess i need ya'lls opinion.

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
Diablos are more than enough for the street!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have diablos on my 04 750, and havent had a problem. I have only riden for a year so i cant really tell much difference in the way different tires ride yet, but i'm just giveing u my opinion. The tires are great and should be more than enough for what u are looking for. I had the dunlop sportsmen 218 i think stock and switched to the diablos. Mainly becuase i prefer the perilli brand &/name better.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
spyderarm

I have not riden on Diablo but alot of my friends rave about them.

I did run a set of supercorsas(sc1 softest you can get, i got them dirt cheap) on my k4 600 for a while, they were a good tire, but felt very twity unless you were total cranked over in a corner, if you were only half over they just felt funny, might have been me not use to them or anything. So if you total balls out cranking over everywhere supercorsas would be good for ya, if you arn't go the diablo's

After that i put on a set of powers, and they rock, felt like a better all around tire(for street use, and odd track day) i am gonna be sticking with these babys for a while again(michelins are my fav tire i had had pilots on my old 96 gsxr1100)

·
Registered
249 Posts
I love Pirelli, I used supercorsa's for the road and they worked great and actually got decent miles out of them to. But I think I'm gonna run diablo's when these stock dunlops wear out on my 05. I dont know about supercorsER's, never heard of them. lol

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I love Pirelli, I used supercorsa's for the road and they worked great and actually got decent miles out of them to. But I think I'm gonna run diablo's when these stock dunlops wear out on my 05. I dont know about supercorsER's, never heard of them. lol
my bad on the spelling!!!

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'm just messin with you bro, lol. Also my theory on why the supercorsa's last ok on the street is that average riding isnt gonna heat tem up enough to get them through a good cycle and not eat them up as much, maybe, I dunno. But I'd say go with the Diablo's.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
The Diablo will have better traction in the rain. I really like the Diablo's!

Rob

·
Registered
8,423 Posts

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
pilot powers rule
one of my buddies wrecked on it and swears never to ride them again; he's on diablo's now.

If he wrecked on Pilots he can wreck on diablos just as easy.
They are both awesome tires
One tire I have had problems with are bridgestone BT014 but it was cold out so I shouldn't judge.
Even still I had no problems running my stock 218's to the edge

·
Registered
697 Posts
Bridgestone BT014's. They are a little slick when cool but are awesome when up to temp. People will tell you different but unless they have had them they have no clue.

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
Bridgestone BT014's. They are a little slick when cool but are awesome when up to temp. People will tell you different but unless they have had them they have no clue.
+1
It was a friends bike and it was 50 degrees

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
over here i nz the 600/750 come stock with 014's they were a great tire, wore out quickly, rear was shagged after 5000kms, i in turn put the front on the wifes vtr and got her a new rear, mainly cause i got a killer deal on the supercorsa's at the time.

Any top of line street tire(supercorsa is a race tire, not a street tire) from any brand will suit 95% of the rides out there in pretty much all conditions.

Pick one brand that you like the best and put them on. Cause i believe at least 50% of your tires ability is in how much you trust it

·
PM me for Brotection
57,513 Posts
my bad on the spelling!!!
I clicked on this thread wondering when Troy Corser became super. I thought maybe it had something to do with that new K51K he's on. He has been pretty super this season.

www.troycorser.com

·
Registered
358 Posts
Get the Diablos they will be more than enough. Grip is good when leaned over but be careful as you can spin them up quickly.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I just got a new set of Bt014's in the mail yesterday. I will run the piss out of my 200 mile 208 zr's and throw on the battlax's ASAP.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts