Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
well, i haven`t tested them myself but in FASTBIKES (uk) issuenr 185, they had a big test of them at Monza racetrack, and to say shortly; the testdriver was very impressed. The tires are much like michelin PP2ct and BT-002 racing street; it has an improved side-grip while maintaining the stability and milage through the less soft centre section...

also in SUPERBIKE magazine, aug. 06, they had a big test of the tires at the same track, monza. Same result here, the tires passed the crucial aspect of the test with devilish ease....
a friend of mine who use corsa 3`s is satisfied also:biggrin

·
Registered
181 Posts
i had a set of them and they are awesome as far as grip goes, however they dont last like some of the other tires. i got about 1000-1100 miles out of them and wore the sides down to nothing. the tire weighed almost nothing as there was almost no rubber left. the tire was also very thin and hard to remove from the wheel at that point, they did perform quite well on the street. i just installed 2ct's on the bike and will be doing a comparison.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
stealth said:
i had a set of them and they are awesome as far as grip goes, however they dont last like some of the other tires. i got about 1000-1100 miles out of them and wore the sides down to nothing. the tire weighed almost nothing as there was almost no rubber left. the tire was also very thin and hard to remove from the wheel at that point, they did perform quite well on the street. i just installed 2ct's on the bike and will be doing a comparison.
What about tire pressures????? What were you running? Thanks.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Here are the pictures. For reference the tires had about 1000-1100 miles. Pressures were checked often and maintained at about 34-36 psi.

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
Lots of rubber in the center, none on the sides where it counts.

·
Registered
181 Posts
those were street miles. we go to an old army base park that is sealed off to traffic and has lots of paved road with lots of turns and no curbs, also the runoff is grass. most of the turns are in the 45-60 mph range, so its street conditions. also for those of you that think there is still rubber left, i am sorry but i wont be taking a chance. i have seen too many people procrastinate to the last minute on replacing tires and then regret not having spent the money to replace.

·
big floppy donkey dick
2,972 Posts
stealth said:
those were street miles. we go to an old army base park that is sealed off to traffic and has lots of paved road with lots of turns and no curbs, also the runoff is grass. most of the turns are in the 45-60 mph range, so its street conditions. also for those of you that think there is still rubber left, i am sorry but i wont be taking a chance. i have seen too many people procrastinate to the last minute on replacing tires and then regret not having spent the money to replace.

I dont know if i would exactly consider that "street" riding considering the fact that it is closed off to the public and all. i am sure that you are riding much harder then most of us would dare to on the actual street where traffic is present.

·
Registered
710 Posts
stealth said:
I agree that tires are not a placed to cheap out, but wouldn't consider your riding typical. that sounds like a great place to ride.:punk

·
Registered
134 Posts
This is going to be short.

I have had them on and they are very sticky. They were fast to break in and I think they aren't going to last as long as the BT-14s did. The difference is worth the cost of having to replace them more often. that little contact patch is the onlything that's going to stop me in a jam or get me going fast out of a tight situation so I want the best on there. I feel like these are going to take care of me. haven't had a chance to use them in the wet though. i recommend them.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Im going to bump this up as I would like to know where I can find an old army base or air field in Sydney.

On my way to pick up the bike today, i noticed an abandoned commercial area!

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Got about 4000km out of the my set on the 750. We sometimes have to do some high speed (200 km/h) long commuting on 'straight' roads to get to our twisties and I was surprised to how quickly it flattened in the middle even when it has seen quite a lot of twisties as well. The M3 and the PP's did a lot better on this area, but does not offer the same amount of grip and confidense. The M3 is very close though....

Liked them a lot though, the grip is second to none on those tyres.

How's it going K5Geir? Do any Rudskogen/Vaaler these days?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.